Master TC-20T compressor with tank. Is it worth it?

A

Al_dd

Hi. Looking for a compressor suitable for Iwata Eclipse airbrush. Saw a kit with Master TC-20T compressor and Iwata Eclipse HP-CS airbrush and some paints. Is this a decent compressor for this kind airbrush? Or vice versa? What would people recommend otherwise? Thanks

Hope fully someone who has one can chip in with their experience, after having a quick look it seems as though I has a 3 litre tank, which will handle the AB but I think would need to run a lot giving over heating problems. I think this is recognised by the manufacturer, as there is a t40 version, which has a very slightly bigger motor and built in fan. For only around $20 more, if you are keen on this compressor I would choose the t40.

As kits go, this one sounds pretty good, the eclipse is an awesome gun, however, what are the paints, and are they going to be suitable for what you plan to do. Also does the compressor come with regulator, water filter, hose and connectors. It might be worth pricing the items separately, to see what the price difference is, if you have to buy extras like the correct/ decent paint and accessories on top of the kit price it may not be the best deal, especially as there is a better version of that compressor. Just my thoughts.

I have a Master compressor currently, without the tank. It runs well and has for the last year or so that I've had it. For the price though, I would spend the extra $10 and get the dual piston version $99 vs $109 for the compressors.

I'm not sure how much the combo package saves you, but if it's a good deal, I think that compressor will serve you well.

Hi. Looking for a compressor suitable for Iwata Eclipse airbrush. Saw a kit with Master TC-20T compressor and Iwata Eclipse HP-CS airbrush and some paints. Is this a decent compressor for this kind airbrush? Or vice versa? What would people recommend otherwise? Thanks
I was teaching a student once that brought it over and I have to say it died the next time it was used. In my opinion do not get one.

Paint on

Great advice Squishy. Thanks heaps. You're right I'll have to check out the paints properly.

I would not advise to buy single piston type because of overheating, especially if you're going to use it with Eclipse series.
I had the same compressor, but two piston type, can't say I had any issues with that. I've sold it as I got better one.
Buying these, you should not expect very long life from these compressors, at the same time you get the possibility to start your ABing quicker. You get setup that can bring you some income to buy better tool, which way expensive.

What about using co2?
Tanks are okay when you don't have a place to plug in, but the air can get cold as it releases over extended periods which can cause condensation at the brush, so you could definitely want a moisture trap at the brush. Plus it would need refilled more often if you do a lot of airbrushing. My second and third compressor were both sear's compressors and were very noisy but the worked. The California ones look good and right now if you shop Amazon and apply for the temporary prime membership you can. Get the one I sent the link for $127.00 US dollars

Paint on

If this is all your budget will allow you at this time? Then yes it will work. BUT...there is a problem, and its over heating. Ive blown up 3 of them similar to this lol. Trick is? Keep a small fan on it at all times. You should get a year-year and a half out of it. Keeping it cool is #1 top priority.

Airbrush Dreams, you're a legend. You've been a solid help mate. Abs thanks everyone else. I'm so thankful for all the friendly advice. I think my girlfriend's kit is almost complete now. Didn't realise the California compressor you mentioned was that silent. I've been desperate to find one powerful enough to not die, but quiet enough to work indoors, without spending out my ****hole. I think I'll order one today with the Eclipse bottom feed. Now, what to do about fittings...I guess I'll have to find out the specs online before they get here and see what I can do.

Just had a look online. Seems the California compressors out of stock. Anyone know of any other compressors worth giving a go?

Just had a look online. Seems the California compressors out of stock. Anyone know of any other compressors worth giving a go?
I know the scorpion compressor looks very similar to the one on top of the California compressor. If you got a scorpion and mounted it it may be almost identical. I do know on Amazon they were selling them. Let me dig around and see if I can locate one for you.

Paint on

Airbrush Dreams, you're a legend. You've been a solid help mate. Abs thanks everyone else. I'm so thankful for all the friendly advice. I think my girlfriend's kit is almost complete now. Didn't realise the California compressor you mentioned was that silent. I've been desperate to find one powerful enough to not die, but quiet enough to work indoors, without spending out my ****hole. I think I'll order one today with the Eclipse bottom feed. Now, what to do about fittings...I guess I'll have to find out the specs online before they get here and see what I can do.
Legend, oh my goodness. Stick a pin in my head and pop me before I float away. I am just old and stubborn. God blessed me with this talent and it would be selfish if I were to squander it away and not share with others so they can grow.

Paint on

Just throwing another rookie question there again: How long does the tank attached to the compressor generally propel air for before the compressor has to start up again? Like with a compressor like the California ones?

Just throwing another rookie question there again: How long does the tank attached to the compressor generally propel air for before the compressor has to start up again? Like with a compressor like the California ones?
Generally they have a set point on the regulator so when the pressure in the tank drops below 80 ponds it will kick on and stop at 120. However the time it takes to get down there depends on how many CFMs the brush you are using consumes. CFM (cubic feet per minute). So if you use a spry gun for painting cars it will draw out more CFMs of air at 10 psi. than your revaluation at 45psi and your revaluation will draw more than a micron would at the same psi. So if you were to clear something with a gun you would want a large horse power compressor to keep up the air supply. So it is hard to say how long it would take. There will be some quiet time.

I can't do that kind of math any more[emoji14]

Paint on

Back