May have solved my wicked woes

O

oldhead

Been struggling with the wicked paint. I tried 2:1, 10:1 and everything in between with pressures from 20 to 5 psi. Too much reducer and the paint just seemed to spider. It would flow good for 4 to 5 seconds and then stop flowing and need to be cleared then flow spotty. So I decided to treat it like uro and only go 1:1 and up the pressure to almost 30. Made a huge difference. It was way more consistent flowing and didn't spider. Btw I was painting on metal so that I'm sure contributed to some of the problem, but I need to learn that surface due to wanting to paint helmets.

Been struggling with the wicked paint. I tried 2:1, 10:1 and everything in between with pressures from 20 to 5 psi. Too much reducer and the paint just seemed to spider. It would flow good for 4 to 5 seconds and then stop flowing and need to be cleared then flow spotty. So I decided to treat it like uro and only go 1:1 and up the pressure to almost 30. Made a huge difference. It was way more consistent flowing and didn't spider. Btw I was painting on metal so that I'm sure contributed to some of the problem, but I need to learn that surface due to wanting to paint helmets.

It will take you a bit to get reduction and how it flow out of the brush and on to the surface But you will get it and soon we will hear you saying you have reduced it 10 to 1 or more..

Now where is my skull painting????

Depending on what gun ya have, your on the right track with wicked. I started on metal, and plastic, so it was hard for me to learn to AB on anything else lol. I usually run 25-30 psi, and 1:1, or 1:2. The more you mess around, the more you will learn. Take notes, so as not to forget what worked good for ya.
*But, it also depends on what im painting*

It will take you a bit to get reduction and how it flow out of the brush and on to the surface But you will get it and soon we will hear you saying you have reduced it 10 to 1 or more..

Now where is my skull painting????
I was working on the skull tonight. It is kind of messed up in spots but I keep at it to learn. I could work with the 10:1 at about 5 psi but I had to be REAL easy with the tirgger or bam it was pushing the paint like it had rain-ex in it. But with that and the cap off the front I could get a line about a 1/32 thick

I typically reduce 3 or 4 to 1 at 20 psi using wicked, and my hp-cs. However that is just a starting point, and will tweek as needed from there, sometimes going down to 15psi. Just play around and find what suits you. Different mixtures work better in different conditions and with different guns. I don't like to work with big reductions at low low, pressures, and others wouldn't like working with what I use. However when you find that sweetspot, Wicked is an awesome paint, and so versatile, I use it for everything.

Back