May I ask where do you buy your Mixed Media Pad White, from?

Airbrushkid

Double Actioner
Hello,
May ask you all where do you buy your Mixed Media Paper pad from? I had bought 2 - Strathmore 400 Series Media Pad, 18"x24", White, 15 Sheets. From Amazon. They should a couple weeks ago damage. :mad: The best part was the shipping box was not damaged at all. Didn't know the paper was damaged until I pulled it out of the shipping box. Got a refund from Amazon. So I decided to order 2 - Fabriano 1264 Mixed Media Pad, 18 x 24, White 25 sheets. They again showed up with no damage to the shipping box. Both pads damaged but different damage. The wire that binds the paper together was pulled half way out with the looks like they used pliers to pull it out. :mad: I hate wasting money on damaged paper. :thumbsdown:

Thank you

I think most of My paper has come from amazon, Never had any show up damaged though, seems odd that you had all 4 turn up damaged! did amazon give an explanation of how this may of happened?

I think most of My paper has come from amazon, Never had any show up damaged though, seems odd that you had all 4 turn up damaged! did amazon give an explanation of how this may of happened?
No they gave refund after I shipped them back. Except the ones I got today. I got to take them to UPS. One their scanned in to UPS I get the refund. Amazon always delivers damage goods it is their trade mark. Just found a online retail that will guarantee that I will get the paper from them will not be damage.

These are put in a box with no padding or anything else to protect the paper.

It doesent sound like they are getting damaged in the box, so no amount of padding will stop them from having the wire pulled out if there is no damage on the box itself, sounds like low paid staff not caring and just filling the orders! As I said I have never had a problem with any of My Amazon orders, maybe I am just that lucky 😂

You will have to let us know what condition the new pads arrive in :thumbsup::)

Good old Amazon.

This was my favorite of last year. The shipping box was pristine. It had ample packing material around it. Which means someone pulled that off a shelf, hit it with a forklift and wrapped it up thinking no one would notice.

And it was a replacement for an earlier one from them that must have sat in a truck in full Sun on the equator because it was warped, even though the packaging was okay.

At that point I said I wasn't returning it. I should have gotten refunded for the first, but I now had 2 kits that I could get at least one complete model out of.

5B16974C-8BF9-4B42-9268-0F317C90F933.jpeg

Try leaving a bad review on AMAZON. They will not let you. So you cannot warn anyone. The both packages I got. The box had no damage. But once you open it. See the item damaged. In my review they deny they would post my review. Their afraid of it getting out. All I did was say the truth. The items had to be damaged before they put them in the box. So that implied the AMAZON employee did it. I hate AMAZON for the lying.

Good old Amazon.

This was my favorite of last year. The shipping box was pristine. It had ample packing material around it. Which means someone pulled that off a shelf, hit it with a forklift and wrapped it up thinking no one would notice.

And it was a replacement for an earlier one from them that must have sat in a truck in full Sun on the equator because it was warped, even though the packaging was okay.

At that point I said I wasn't returning it. I should have gotten refunded for the first, but I now had 2 kits that I could get at least one complete model out of.

View attachment 88497
That is bad!

Nice scope in the background, I have the Sky watcher 200p, Do you have a scope on the tripod also or is that your easel?

That is bad!

Nice scope in the background, I have the Sky watcher 200p, Do you have a scope on the tripod also or is that your easel?
That Dobsonian is about 35 years old now. Doesn't get much use these days, too much light pollution in my area now and a smaller reflector on an equatorial mount is just easier to use. In actuality, since my kids left for school the only thing I use these days are a pair of astronomical binocs and a small solar scope.

The legs are from a Jullian easel that holds my oils. I just bought a 48" H frame for the airbrushing.

I feel Your pain, I suffer from bad light pollution too!! I have a 105mm Mak with a solar filter on it and a startravel 105mm on a tripod that is much easier to move about than the dob 😂

I got spoiled from living on the Big Island of Hawaii back in the late 80s. Not only is the sky breathtakingly clear, but the few areas that have street lighting use lights designed not to pollute and interfere with the observatories on Mauna Kea. The night sky there looked like crumbled cardstock there were so many stars. Milky Way bright enough to light the way.

And I didn't have a telescope. Nothing. Not even binocs.

When I moved up from NYC (about 60 miles north) it wasn't too bad here, you could spot some deep space objects during the autumn/winter months, but the area has been built up drastically in the last 25 years. Great for my property value, crappy for using a telescope.

I have a friend in Wales that built his own scope out of carbon fiber and printed parts. Its amazing, but theres a small football stadium near him, so whenever theres a match, the scope is useless.

Our retirement plans are to head to the mountains of New Hampshire, if so I'll be putting the scopes (and cameras) to work.

Back