Maybe im not that stupid

matty171

Air-Valve Autobot!
Hi all
As some of you are aware i stupidly got tissue lodged in the tip of my nozzle yesterday and damaged it when trying to get it out, well today i thought as it was damaged anyway id have a crack at trying to fix, and what do ya know i did.
It was a comment by @WhiteKnight were he said about heating one of his nozzles to burn out a bit of tooth pick he had got stuck, in his post he said that the micron nozzles were a softer metal or something like that so i heated up my damaged one over a candle then rolled the tip of it gently on my kitchen work top a few times both with the needle in and not in, after half an hour i seem to have fixed it.
Now its not 100% perfect but 99.9%, what i mean by this is that there is the very slightest amount of paint escaping but you would have to hold the AB In the same place for 2 seconds on a white surface using black paint to notice it and i cant remember ever having to do that.
Like i said its not like a brand new one but it is in working order and will not affect my use of it, this has saved me £50 that i just dont have at the min so im chuffed about that. [emoji4]

Now when i was cleaning my brush yesterday i found this floating in the water and for the life of me i dont know what it is or were its from. Any ideas
23caf72e6ddf4c49234d0be4451e3f3c.jpg

It's a rubber ring that goes around the threads at the back of the nozzle.

And if your checking out my new avatar, hands off, she's all mine:):):):):)

Yup mad brush got you covered there, although it looks slightly big for that, so just check the back of your nozzle, i think the ring on mine was black? This may of come of the threads the nozzle cap sits on rather than the threads of the nozzle itself

lol shes hot as mate, she any sisters or even a cousin would do.
Sweet so its a nozzle o ring type thing

Yup mad brush got you covered there, although it looks slightly big for that, so just check the back of your nozzle, i think the ring on mine was black? This may of come of the threads the nozzle cap sits on rather than the threads of the nozzle itself
Yes fez it was to big for the nozzle threads but did right over the nozzle and sits nicely behind the nozzle cap so ill leave it there.
Cheers mate

lol shes hot as mate, she any sisters or even a cousin would do.
Sweet so its a nozzle o ring type thing

Her sisters are all dead, I ate their livers with some fava beans and a nice chianti:confused::eek::depressed:;):)

MAn you're killing me right now. All my students are looking at me like I've lost my mind.
And that itself is impossible because I don't have one :p

Okay, okay I can't compete with @Madbrush his left over. I've got it. :thumbsup:
Don't come back crying in about 2 months when the corpses crawled away while you where a sleep.

Back