meiji airbrush

mike k

Double Actioner
hi guys im new here, but i been airbrushing for awhile and been researching them for long time as well, im a huge holbein fan, but i was wondering if anyone has used meiji airbrush or other japanese bearair, rich etc

I used a rich side feed for a brief time till I busted the head while I replaced a nozzle , it was basicly the same airbrush as the Iwata hp sb but it could not hold a candle to the iwata imo

Always stuck with Iwata. I started with the Paasche VL3 and went out one day and got an Eclipse BCS and never went back. It was like a whole new world opened up. Now I need to sell something to replace my old Micron SB. I traded off the old one because I hardly used it. Now I regret it but I needed paint and I wanted a B. Now the HP-B is my go to. I have seen quite a few using Holbein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

yea holbeins just feel right in my hands, ya know? i appreciate iwatas ofcourse but they arent for me, i do have an olymopos .23mm l3 head that im going to try out with one of my guns to see what the fuss is all about, i also do use grex xgi2, i actually find myself using that brush more and more each day, are you trying to sell an airbrush?

they just look like all the Japanese airbrushes like Iwata and Olympos all all their knock-offs.

i dont think they are knock offs, airbrushes are based on the design from iwata yea the hpc, but how much different can things be, dxcept for the internals and the handle, and maybe a slightly different style cup, the difference is the hoke or holes in the head for air flow, thats what makes the difference, personally i dont think they are knock offs. but they do have their own personality, i appreciate iwata but they arent for me, i sold all the ones i had, hpc, and hpb

I have a richpen 113 c and 213 c the 213 is the mike learn mojo and its great. I believe iwata parts fit but m not 100% . Anyway they perform excellent. I dont use them much and the 213 was given to me by Rod Fuchs so i keep it safe.

Lee

I know it's old, but it's a short thread and rather than start a new one I'm resurrecting it. Especially since I know the OP is still around.
I just kind of ran across these myself while shopping for spray guns. I've decided I really want to try some meiji full size guns.
I have a feeling that the el cheapo spray-it gun is in fact a copy of the meiji 410's rather than a copy of the Iwata 400's like everyone thinks they are.

I checked out their airbrushes though and they would appear to be just like old hp-b and old hp-c. Is that your experience @mike k , with that meiji mp3?

I know it's old, but it's a short thread and rather than start a new one I'm resurrecting it. Especially since I know the OP is still around.
I just kind of ran across these myself while shopping for spray guns. I've decided I really want to try some meiji full size guns.
I have a feeling that the el cheapo spray-it gun is in fact a copy of the meiji 410's rather than a copy of the Iwata 400's like everyone thinks they are.

I checked out their airbrushes though and they would appear to be just like old hp-b and old hp-c. Is that your experience @mike k , with that meiji mp3?
They are very similar but my mp3 can handle lower pressure, it really is a terrific airbrush , in fact I have 2 of them, emerald coatings sells them and has parts for them and they ship to the usa

Best I can gather for the f-zero they took an LPH100/101 body and stuck lph400 aircaps and nozzles on it. So for $300CAD That would be a pretty sweet gun. The F410 has me confused but I'm sure it's probably a nice gun too for $250CAD. It could be like 400s, could be like devilbiss flg5 IDK.

Based strictly on what i've seen and experienced with other japanese makers of obviously similar products...with airbrushes
I'm thinking the spray guns would not really be a different story.

Just sharing, I know you probably don't care about spray guns but anyways, thanks, that does help
Meiji's mini spray guns might be of a lot of interest to people here. They have what appears to be lph50's ,lph80s, and RG-3's. But for Idk about a third or less on price.

Last edited:
I care about evwry type of spray gun, i know someone who uses a meiji and he loves it, im a big fan, they are definitley top notch in my opinion, for the price they work really well

Oh cool, didn't know. Awesome! Meiji is pretty rare in the US and I don't think anyone sells them here. So It's hard to even find a user. That is good to hear!
I think I've got the AAD when it comes to full size guns and mini-guns. I don't keep them all, but I have to try them all :)
Sagola is nice! I like astro(star) for the cheap end but one model or another can be hit or miss.
I just particularly hate paying exorbitant prices for a name. I feel like Iwata and especially devilbiss take advantage of brand loyalty to a point that it's kind of despicable.

Yes i agree, but you can go wrong with a meiji, i perfer sata over anything especially my sata airbrushes but those meijis boy, sure are nice, im working in getting an iwata spray gun and a sagola xtech airbrush, cause like you, i have to have them all!!

Yes i agree, but you can go wrong with a meiji, i perfer sata over anything especially my sata airbrushes but those meijis boy, sure are nice, im working in getting an iwata spray gun and a sagola xtech airbrush, cause like you, i have to have them all!!
Did you mean can't ?

Ive never gotten along with Sata. I think I am too slow , or maybe im often working on stuff with too many crevices and details IDK they just pump the material way too quick for me. Which Iwata gun?
I like the w400 and lph400 of course. I can't justify the money on an lph400 though right now.
I've tried a ton of guns that weren't mine. I had a w400 for a while though.
Mini spray guns I've found it's pretty common for cheapies to work just as well. I have a favorite central pnuematic mini gun that I took the burrs off the inside of the side air jets in the aircap , cleaned the glue off all the threads and put teflon tape and lapped the cap to the base so that it sits perfectly on center and It's every bit as good as my old lph50. I'm itching to try a ANI R-150 though. The lph50 is pretty old tech and the 80 has it beat by a long shot.

I had almost settled on an F-150 and r-150 for my next pair, but I'm really thinking maybe an R-150 and a Meiji f-zero now.

Back