Merry Christmas to Me

jagardn

Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient
I've been wanting a silent Compressor for a while now, so o used my Amex cash back rewards to get a Silentaire 50-TC. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419975110.399057.jpg

Unfortunately, they forgot to include the oil in the box, so it's been dead silent....waiting for it to arrive.

I will likely be selling my Iwata Power Jet in a few weeks, I'll post another thread if I do want to sell it.

That's a beauty Jeff, should be a real pleasure to use. Congrats

Jim

Just pop out and buy some compressor oil and fire that puppy up:D
I have had mine for several years now and love both of them(the one at home and the one at work)

Just pop out and buy some compressor oil and fire that puppy up:D
I have had mine for several years now and love both of them(the one at home and the one at work)

They recommend synthetic compressor oil for it, so I ordered some Dewalt Synthetic. The reviews on it were very good, so it should be fine. I didn't want to put crap oil in it destroy it.

I did call Silentaire today and they are shipping me a bottle of oil tomorrow morning, so I should have enough to last me a while.

I put the Dewalt Synthetic in this morning and I'm up and running. :) Now I need to work on my Newbie Challenge painting.

I put the Dewalt Synthetic in this morning and I'm up and running. :) Now I need to work on my Newbie Challenge painting.
Well I am glad you are up and running and starting on your Big Boy challenge .. Wait I remember seeing a picture Josh had posted of you .. Your in the Smexy ladies group aren't you , I remember the pink dress and hooker red lip stick...LMAO or was that just a pic of Josh?

Well I am glad you are up and running and starting on your Big Boy challenge .. Wait I remember seeing a picture Josh had posted of you .. Your in the Smexy ladies group aren't you , I remember the pink dress and hooker red lip stick...LMAO or was that just a pic of Josh?

If it was me, I was drinking scotch and it doesn't count.

Sweet Jeff, is it pretty quiet now you have the oil?

Yup it's really quiet, I'm gonna love this thing. I set my regulator to 60 psi and I get about 30 seconds of air flow before the pressure switch kicks in. Refill time is about 5 seconds. Since I normally run at 10-25 psi, I'll have plenty of time between cycles.

I hear ya on loving the quiet! Since I've gotten the California compressor I'll never ever go back to a Harbor freight model again lol!

I am/was gonna buy a new compressor...but I am undecided to continue airbrushing at this time....just warn out from it