Message for the Dutch crew!!!

M

Madbrush

To all my Dutch friends/family here on the forum, today I made a spectacular discovery.

Let me explain, I'm sure, like me, you all know how irritating it is when your wife/girlfriend/partner tries to drag you by the hair into "Xenos" when you'de rather be chilling out in the "Free Record Shop" playing all the latest PS3 games instead of being dragged around some girly shop, but I discovered that it sometimes pays to make sacrifices.

My wife caught me today at my weakest and managed to get me in there, I was kicking and screaming the whole time, one of the staff even gave me a lolly pop to shut me up which didn't work because I wanted a blue one which they didn't have, after about ten minutes I wandered on my own into one corner of the shop where I was planning to hide until the ordeal was over, but when I got there I couldn't believe my eyes, right in front of me there was an array of art stuff, including canvases and easels and paints and all sorts.

I found some canvas covered boards 30cm X 40cm which cost, are you ready for this? €1-69!!!, no need to clean your glasses Ignis, I did indeed say €1-69, are they mental or what?, I checked out an art store less than 300 metres away and there the same boards cost a staggering €6-95, hell I got four for that.

Conclusion, the next time your partner tries lure you into a girly shop, don't fight it.

@the rest of my buddies who are not Dutch a "Disclaimer" as the name suggests, the "Free Record Shop" does not mean you get recordings free of charge, you have pay like anywhere else, it's just a name, in Holland only fresh air is free, unless of course you want to put in your car's tires, in which case it's cheaper to ride with four flats.

Why me? lol If the paint doesn't fall off in a few days, I guess it's ok. Kudos to your wife. Smart move. Is she stronger than you or are you a pussy? lol

Why me? lol If the paint doesn't fall off in a few days, I guess it's ok. Kudos to your wife. Smart move. Is she stronger than you or are you a pussy? lol

LOL, you got me, I am indeed a pussy, but only when it comes to my wife, lol

I forgot, but these boards are unprimed, and they are boards, meaning they are not canvas on a wooden frame but instead canvas on a hard backing board, nicely sealed on the back, they are ideal for me because I like to rest one hand on the board to steady my self, I cant do that with the normal canvases, I bought four of them and I'll prime all of them tonight, I want to use one to try out a rose since everyone are doing roses now and I feel a little left out, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
There is?!? **** I'm going this week, are they any good? Cus i desperately need canvas.

Pardon me for my language.

There is?!? **** I'm going this week, are they any good? Cus i desperately need canvas.

Pardon me for my language.

The boards are excellent, but you do need to root through them to pick out those without knots in the fabric, they also have normal canvases if you prefer those, you can find decent price normal canvases at the "Action" stores too id there is one near you.

Back