micron finaly got here

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
so the long wait is over its here i unfortunately have to go out and i wanted to post a quick question i keep hearing 2 things that now have me dis pleased 1st all iwatas come with a spray pattern on a piece iof paper to show you the pattern of the brush and it had a final Q A test corect ...this one did not
2nd i have not sprayed anything yet but i took the time out to inspect it i removed the cap and regulator and from previous conversations with badger i understand that the needle supposedly is centered exactly as you pull bach the trigger unfortunately this has not hap-end with any of my guns the needle seems to avor one side other thain that i guess i am pleased it came in a skiny metal case
so let this be a lesson if i went to coast i could ask Dave what he thought right here on the forum i could have even had him inspect it straight away before delivery its probably nothing to be concerned about when i get back i will do a quick test of my own if this gun doesnt do the equivilant of the lines on andezas thread its going back

Last edited:
I have been told that all Micron have the sheet to show the test spray. But I have also heard of places selling refurbished ones as new that do not come with the spray test But it is only hear say , Mine came from Coast Airbrush and it did have the test spray in it.
As far as your second part I have had no issues with the needle doing anything but stay centered .
But I am glad you got it .
Now stay in and lets see a Ferret version of airbrushing...Like old Ran the hillbilly man..

Angels singing,Bells, whistles, confetti, balloons, cheerleaders, marching band, and a giant iwata float!!!..... It's a parade for you sir!!!! So glad you finally got it!!! Don't worry about anything till you try it first. Mine didn't have the test spray piece.

Josh

Glad to hear it Ferret. I wouldn't worry either till you take it out for a test drive! Hopefully everything is good with no problems. Sure would hate to hear you had to send it back after all the excruciating wait you went through to get it!! Haaa!!! Keep us posted!

ok i cleaned my nest almost ready i am doing test drive on camera i think but its not going to be a very good quality video as far as the test paper and the needle i try to take a pic of the needle and the case has no foam that lifts out its an awesome case iv worked in machine factorys and i know allot of work went into the case i wonder if they wold take a hundred off the cost if they shipedit in a cardboard box

Nope the charge you an extra hundred for the cardboard...LMAO.
But yes the case rocks...Good luck and I will be waiting for the video..Remember at least 3 corn on the cobs , and 50 blue bottles ,, anything else you want to add in is fine too...

Happy your new baby has finally arrived, hope it doesn't give you any teething troubles! FYI seems odd there's no test spray, even my eclipse came with one. Still you've got it now and will be able to blow all our minds with some wonderful new portraits. Now I wonder who they'll be of.......

LOL ONLY ONE MORE i tried to do a video straight out of the box it was already mis be having i think the needle bearing needed to set itself its ok now just taking a break going too do video now
ok its long and boring

Last edited:
LOL ONLY ONE MORE i tried to do a video straight out of the box it was already mis be having i think the needle bearing needed to set itself its ok now just taking a break going too do video now

If that video does not get here in the next 30 minutes I feel sorry for the ferret delivery guy...LMAO
Ya you have to tweak it a little when you get it. But that is half the fun.

i am stil concerned aboot not getting a test paper and the needle not seeming to be centerd i did upload a video but it was denied to long it was 18 minuets i am boring not funny like Mitch or van halen lol i am going to do a shorter video so far it seems to do alot finer line thain the infinity funny thing the infinity has a much sharper and finer needle go figer wonder how the micron would go with a much finer setup lol i tried some fine letering when i get everything working right it writes so fine its hard to read not doing so bad only a short while ago i coldnt wright small leters now i am puting out aklpha bits on regular paper to bad i always had bad wrighting

Awesome news your micron arrived Ferret! don't be concerned about the test paper.. as long as it works correctly. I just have to ask if you could put the occasional full-stop (period.) in your posts:beaten:

I took the basic one and it came in a red cardboard box. The test paper was underneath the foam. I did not check if it runs centre as it works perfectly as it is.

seems the more i play with it the smaller i can get it. mitch asked me if i could occasionally put a ful stop period in my posts. do you mean like a period as in the end of a sentence. as for the micron i am sure i am over reacting a bit. the case is especially fancy (i think my infinity spent about 24 hours not including the two weeks i was in the hospital) in its case so the case is not so impotent. whats important is the airbrush works properly and so far it seems to. there are different things to take in account, different colors seem to behave differently, did i just confuse everyone. i mean to say with comm art i noticed the reds seem to really go super fine im not to impressed with the black so for fine detail il stick to wicked. do i think the gun was worth it yes definitely. i wanted to post trouble with my new micron and complain that its working properly but got side tracked by the test and needle centering. i was going to do it as a joke as far as the needle goes its as you pull back quite far its only annoying because i can already get some fine lines out of the infinity.I am wondering if this thing is working at peak performance thats why i decided to pay 425.oo for an airbrush

i just tried some spectra tex black. remember i am no nube, it just didn't impress me i had to take out the infinity and show the micron how its done might send the bugger back il give it a try tomorrow its a shame i messed with it all evening and was able to get some fine stuf out of it. but at 425 i should be getting hair lines consistently. il try it again tomorow and ppost pics maybe im just getting cranky

i mean to say with comm art i noticed the reds seem to really go super fine im not to impressed with the black

I saw that aswell last night. For some reason the red goes almost into negative thickness. Black needs to be reduced more. I reduce about 1 paint to 20 water to get it super fine and almost no air. I actually see the compressor smile when I plug in the Micron as it knows it will not be working hard. I saw a guy in one om Marissa's classes using an Infinity and asked how it compared to the Micron. He said the Infinity is good but can only do fine lines 7 out of 10 times but the Micron can 10 out of 10 times.

i must have a bad gun because i just used it with spectra tex white it did not even come close to the infinity when i did my practice feathers i am talking about the white on black one that i said was a quick practice feather . some body on the forum asked if i used scratch technique, sorry il try again tomorrow i might send it back nrrd to pay rent if this thing Dorset impress me tomorrow back it goes. I think part of the problem is the needle in the infinity is so dangfragile once you bend it no mater what yo do with it its over but its a nice damn gun.

You are going to have to come up with different redutions when I first got mine I was not impressed but the more I use it the more it grew on me. It is an amazing AB but it is a different beast from the infinity. It shines under low psi atomization and allows more thinning of your paint with out spidering. It stays tight and detail a good distance away from your work also allowing a thinner paint mix. I think you are so used to infinity is your main problem your having here.

i must have a bad gun because i just used it with spectra tex white it did not even come close to the infinity when i did my practice feathers i am talking about the white on black one that i said was a quick practice feather . some body on the forum asked if i used scratch technique, sorry il try again tomorrow i might send it back nrrd to pay rent if this thing Dorset impress me tomorrow back it goes. I think part of the problem is the needle in the infinity is so dangfragile once you bend it no mater what yo do with it its over but its a nice damn gun.

Any white you will have to reduce , Which Micron did you get anyway.. ?

Back