Micron issues, and how I solved it.

Squishy

Queen Clown Slayer
So just in case anyone is having a headscratch, bemused moment that it quickly escalating into wanting to take up the mini javelin, I thought I'd mention this.

My beloved cm-c has never been taken apart in the year and a half I've had it, if it aint broke don't fix it. But today trying to paint my PP it didn't want to play, kept blocking, kept feeling like it wanted more pressure, and then had to thicken the paint, so I couldn't get my nice clean hairlines. So I tried the usual, flushed it all out, made sure the nozzle was clean, but no joy. I know it's not the paint, cos it's a new bottle, and it trying through my eclipse it worked fine.

It seemed like there wasn't as much air as there should be, swapping back and forth between the micron and the eclipse it seemed obvious, even taking into account the different nozzle sizes etc. So I checked all the airways which were fine. I tried swapping out my mac valve for a regular quick connect, and that made no difference, then I manually pushed down the plunger in the brush's air valve, and all seemed ok. Then I noticed, that pushing it down using the trigger didn't seem to be moving the plunger much, so I wondered if the spring needed changing. I had a spare so swapped it out, maybe a slight change but nothing significant. when I ran some paint through. so I started to check things off the list agian, and this time I noticed that the little O ring on the airvalve plunger seemed pretty squashed, so replaced that, and boom. One perfectly working micron (the very very slightly bent needle tip which I also discovered :( doesn't seem to be affecting anything) with my nice clean tiny lines back. Yippee.

If only I'd done that before I started painting :rolleyes: Anyway, if you've tried everything that usually works, look at your O rings. :)

Last edited:
So just in case anyone is having a headscratch, bemused moment that it quickly escalating into wanting to take up the mini javelin, I thought I'd mention this.

My beloved cm-c has never been taken apart in the year and a half I've had it, if it aint broke don't fix it. But today trying to paint my PP it didn't want to play, kept blocking, kept feeling like it wanted more pressure, and then had to thicken the paint, so I couldn't get my nice clean hairlines. So I tried the usual, flushed it all out, made sure the nozzle was clean, but no joy. I know it's not the paint, cos it's a new bottle, and it trying through my eclipse it worked fine.

It seemed like there wasn't as much air as there should be, swapping back and forth between the micron and the eclipse it seemed obvious, even taking into account the different nozzle sizes etc. So I checked all the airways which were fine. I tried swapping out my mac valve for a regular quick connect, and that made no difference, then I manually pushed down the plunger in the brush's air valve, and all seemed ok. Then I noticed, that pushing it down using the trigger didn't seem to be moving the plunger much, so I wondered if the spring needed changing. I had a spare so swapped it out, maybe a slight change but nothing significant. when I ran some paint through. so I started to check things off the list agian, and this time I noticed that the little O ring on the airvalve plunger seemed pretty squashed, so replaced that, and boom. One perfectly working micron (the very very slightly bent needle tip which I also discovered :( doesn't seem to be affecting anything) with my nice clean tiny lines back. Yippee.

If only I'd done that before I started painting :rolleyes: Anyway, if you've tried everything that usually works, look at your O rings. :)

So as I understand this based on your comment in another thread you are about to send a paint pal, not just a copy of the sun or a damn cheap birthday card, but an actual paint pal in a substandard fashion who is waiting patiently expecting the best that one can give, you did this paint pal while your brush was still...lets say.. . not at it's best, now this brush is working as perfectly as the day it arrived, you don't think your paint pal has the right to have their paint pal re-done with the right equipment and with the fine crisp lines they deserve, so that's how it is then? your paint buddy means nothing to you, "I'll just get this crap out of the way and then I'll make my brush work" well, I'm very disappointing, and to think I felt sorry for you when you stabbed your own knee with your needle, I cried when that happened and even lost sleep, after this stunt you need a kick in the "O" ring, in fact if you weren't guarded by dragons and bigger than me I would come round there and do it myself.

And so you know, I did my paint pal twelve pigging times because that's how important my buddy is to me, if my brush was misbehaving I would simply bury the bugger in the forehead of one of my sisters in law and go out and buy a new one because that's how important my buddy is to me, anything and everything for my buddy like it should be:thumbsup:

Normally I would have been a lot angrier about this than I am but my conscience got the better of me because I used both sides of my paper to write my letter and used the cheapest post possible (arse dragging donkey air) all to save money, but I think I'm allowed to do that being I'm a tight arsed Scottish twat and that's how we roll.:)

By the way, glad you got your brush fixed:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah my poor paint pal drew the short straw this time lol. I thought about it long and hard and decided my PP deserved my very second best effort. It is an extra little gift that no other PP will have, an ego boost. Once they see it, they will have an overwhelming sense of well being, knowing they could paint it much better. These are the lengths I am prepared to go to for my PP, I am prepared to sacrifice my own sense of satisfaction, reputation, and enter the hall of shame, to re-enforce their belief in themselves and therefore inspire them to greatness and world domination. That's just the kind of self sacrificing gal I am.

That and the fact that I tried to do something out of my league and couldn't have painted it better with Marissa holding my hand and working the trigger for me. :)

My PP will have to accept my apologies. I would do it again but I don't have another surface until buy more, and I don't have time to re do it :( I have something to paint with a tight deadline, and also some family stuff to organise. But it was painted with love reduced with unicorn tears and fixed with a very gentle lick of dragon flame to stop it falling off.

I'm relieved the gun is working too, I was trying to choose which kidney to sell to buy new bits for it!

Thanks for the "how to fix" Squish, its very nice to know that incase I encounter, or if anyone else has the problem at any point.

Lee

Awe sarcasm with a hint of please and thank you. How sweet. All for a Squishy O ring and a desperate Paint Pal! Life is all good again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back