Micron or badger krome

D

Dustin maybin

Glad to be a part of this forum, just joined and I have a question, I have been airbrushing for about 5 years, mainly in the automotive/motorcycle graphics field. I have several iwata brushes all from the eclipse line, I am looking to get into a brush that is capable of more detail work. I immediately assumed the micron was my best choice, but I have read a lot of good things about a badger krome. So that brings me to my question, which brush guys? Anyone have experience with both and can give me a fair comparison ? Is a badger krome really as good as a iwata micron?

I have both. I prefer the micron. Just know that certain models are not solvent proof. Simple enough to change though. I just have a better feel and control with the micron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Krome is a great detail brush, but it is not as good as the Micron. If you have been painting for 5 years, and have the money, get the Micron.
I always try to push new people away from the Micron and toward the Krome because it can do great detail. New Airbrushers tend to bend needles and crack nozzles while learning, and parts for the Micron are expensive. Better to damage the Krome and spend $20 on parts if they crash into their work trying a dagger stroke than spend their paycheck on Micron parts. The Krome/Velocity are probably the best low priced brushes out there, but they are not a Micron.

Thanks for the quick replys guys, for those with krome experience, is that a brush that is even capable of out performing a eclipse?

Thanks for the quick replys guys, for those with krome experience, is that a brush that is even capable of out performing a eclipse?

Yes it will beat the Eclipse hands down, the main thing the Micron has over the Krome is atomization of the paint. But fine line to fine line pretty much equal.
The other difference is price of not only the airbrush but the replacement parts. Micron parts are costly .
But at the end of the day it is how much money you are willing to pay and what you prefer .

As far as detail capability , yes. The Krome is a .21 set up. It atomizes well. Maybe not as well as the micron. But you can buy 4 for the price of one. I just personally have a better feel for my micron trigger. I loved the Krome, then I got my micron, and found out what a machine it truly is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you came to the right place for this issue we have been debating it for a while . well its not actualy a debate the micron is hands down a supper fine detail brush and as micron said its awesome for fine lines at times i cant tell much diference between the krome and micron with fuine work . i agree once mor with jeff if youv been airbrushing for 5 years go ahead and get the micron my personal fav is the cmsb micrion seems to love the cmcpluss its a mater of personal taste the cmsb changes colors faster thain a ferret getting out of his cage lol when he wants to FAST . as for the krome it needs much more atomization to properly atomize paint at low pressure it sprays a buit grainy compared to the micron as for jeffs coment about hitting the work with the needle i still do it alot when i do wee stuff thats why i dont use my infinity much as for deciding between the infinity and krome i say hands down give me the krome any day
i cal the crashing into the work part hard landings simillar to aircraft hard landings lol

Oh forgot how about a introduction , You know tell us what country or state you live in , How long you been airbrushing. other hobbies.
Just so we can get to know you a bit and be able to give you better help on finding where to buy things.

Oh forgot how about a introduction , You know tell us what country or state you live in , How long you been airbrushing. other hobbies.
Just so we can get to know you a bit and be able to give you better help on finding where to buy things.

My name is Jeff, and I have a problem. I love airbrushing and I spend way too much money on the parts and supplies which arrive at my doorstep it seems daily.
Oh, you meant him....I guess you already knew that about me anyway. :)

My name is Jeff, and I have a problem. I love airbrushing and I spend way too much money on the parts and supplies which arrive at my doorstep it seems daily.
Oh, you meant him....I guess you already knew that about me anyway. :)

Hi Jeff welcome to the addictions nice ot have you here but you almost do not meet the standards of being an addict..
You should try to upgrade to where you get 2 or 3 deliveries a day ..Now order more and call me in the morning....LMAO

You should try to upgrade to where you get 2 or 3 deliveries a day ..Now order more and call me in the morning....LMAO
My wife just rolls her eyes and says. "Really? What the hell did you buy now?", especially when it is multiple packages in one day. HAHA
I spent over $5500.00 on my Amazon account in 2013. LOL I pulled a report the other day and realized how bad my problem really is. :)

My wife just rolls her eyes and says. "Really? What the hell did you buy now?", especially when it is multiple packages in one day. HAHA
I spent over $5500.00 on my Amazon account in 2013. LOL I pulled a report the other day and realized how bad my problem really is. :)
Well at least you did not hock the house to buy the stuff:D

Funny my wife asks me the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mean I am the only one who's wife does not ask that too? I think mine is just happy I am not bugging her LMAO

Fortunately she never asks how much. Same thing goes for motorcycle parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hubbs tells me, I think you have enough for your addiction...that is when I do the wife thing,..get really quiet, ...and wait a few hrs, then he says, ok order it lolol!! But, if these ppl dont let me AB soon? Someones getting punched lol

Hubbs tells me, I think you have enough for your addiction...that is when I do the wife thing,..get really quiet, ...and wait a few hrs, then he says, ok order it lolol!! But, if these ppl dont let me AB soon? Someones getting punched lol

Tell them to go to the mall and leave you the hell alone...

Tell them to go to the mall and leave you the hell alone...
Lol you forget "backwoods", there is no mall around me lol I did my wife duties today, (good day with sickness) cooked a bacon wrapped turkey full course meal!! Tomorrow, better be my day!!

Lol you forget "backwoods", there is no mall around me lol I did my wife duties today, (good day with sickness) cooked a bacon wrapped turkey full course meal!! Tomorrow, better be my day!!

But you send them to the mall 50 plus miles away and you have the whole day to yourself.. Even backwoods have a town somewhere...

Back