micron or infinity

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
hey guys this is a post for any visitors who are contemplating this question and are deciding on either brush after just now messing with my infinity with a fresh needle i have to say certain paints definitely work better in the velocity i noticed its a lot easier on un reduced paint i was just goofing with etac efx straight out of the bottle no problem nice tight hair lines also i noticed badger spectra tex straight beautiful tight lines its only with com art that iv seen a big enough difference that only a real demanding artist would rely be concerned with. unfortunately even if i did do a bunch of papers with comparisons i dont own a decent enough camera to take clear close ups of the two. good news for the micron the needle itself is much more robust that its much harder to bend the needle on the infinity is extremely fragile and seems to bend if you makr contact with it so if your hard on your equipment like the ferret is you may want to consider the micron but if your care full go with the infinity i know if im ever desperate for money il sel the micron b 4 the infinity. i need a ferret nap to tird to add to this

I like my infinity 2 in 1. Cutting off an arm or a leg to buy the micron (they are expensive down under) wasn't really an option.

belive me your not missing out on much get your friend mitch to get one itl blow his mind lol try etac it takes it straight at around 15 psi also try the badger white spectra no reducing straight out of the bottle. im not saying anything bad about the micron i love it but if i knew now i would have bought allot of paint and some spare needles lol

hey guys this is a post for any visitors who are contemplating this question and are deciding on either brush after just now messing with my infinity with a fresh needle i have to say certain paints definitely work better in the velocity i noticed its a lot easier on un reduced paint i was just goofing with etac efx straight out of the bottle no problem nice tight hair lines also i noticed badger spectra tex straight beautiful tight lines its only with com art that iv seen a big enough difference that only a real demanding artist would rely be concerned with. unfortunately even if i did do a bunch of papers with comparisons i dont own a decent enough camera to take clear close ups of the two. good news for the micron the needle itself is much more robust that its much harder to bend the needle on the infinity is extremely fragile and seems to bend if you makr contact with it so if your hard on your equipment like the ferret is you may want to consider the micron but if your care full go with the infinity i know if im ever desperate for money il sel the micron b 4 the infinity. i need a ferret nap to tird to add to this

Howdy Ferret. Gotta tell you I read most of your threads, your entertaining and insightful - was wondering why this one didn't get called Velocity, Infinity, or Micron. I felt left out. LOL

Howdy Ferret. Gotta tell you I read most of your threads, your entertaining and insightful - was wondering why this one didn't get called Velocity, Infinity, or Micron. I felt left out. LOL

dont fell left out Ken, i just got one of your brushes, as mitch says im spreading the love. Oh I got your sotar

Don't worry Ken, my next purchase will be a badger. Hard to find in New Zealand at a fair price though, unless I want to donate a leg. Will have to find one overseas that will ship to NZ.

your either committed or not.....I would of lost a leg with the thinking I've still got both of my arms to paint with.....stick with iwata.....hahaha joking brother

Don't worry Ken, my next purchase will be a badger. Hard to find in New Zealand at a fair price though, unless I want to donate a leg. Will have to find one overseas that will ship to NZ.
don't know what ther cost of shipping would be but tcgraphicsand paint in chicago ship worldwide....krome currently priced at $108 u.s hope this helps mate

i just didnt include the velocity because its not going to break the bank to own it lol i bought a 150 and never wanted to part with it thinking i could fix it i didn't know enough about airbrushes back Thain any way i finally bought a velocity and i am verry happy with it but i seem to be one of those guys that wont be happy till im painting the finest possible hair lines imaginable by the way love the spectra tex white my infinity eats it up and spits out the super finest white lines you would have to look for my blk an wht practice feather. some one asked me if i used scratch techneek as for the velocity i have to order a new needle and nozzle might even send it in for a check up. i don't want to part with it i love it solid brush for the money you cant go wrong

I think its more of a warning thread if your going to go out and buy a micron and you dont already have an infinity get an infinity and a whole bunch of paint and if you dont have a krome or velocity get one of those and see if that suits your needs lol and buy a compressor and a bunch of paints

LOL - sorry all I was just kidding with the ferret. you're a funny guy fez.

I had to add to this after today's hassles. so i wreked my microns needle and nozzle so I wanted to do another practice feather but more different Thain the last. so i used my infinity and wicked and aside from the clogs the infinity just didnt seem to hold its weight against the micron. I need to figure out how to get replacements as soon as possible

Back