Might be some help

forky

Double Actioner
I haven't been airbrushing long ,but im using a couple of thing that might help someone else out , firstly something i find invaluable,specially for fine detail is a pair of jewelers glasses, always there and you can flip them up whenever you don't need them, next is an electric tooth brush that i use for cleaning needle and nozzle, (soft bristles) just a couple of drops on the brush then put tip to the brush and clean as a whistle, lastly i was sick of dropping guns or knocking over gun stand so i got a hole driller and cut holes in bench to hold guns,the lead stops them from hitting the ground, haven't done a needle since i started using it
hope these ideas can help someone, they all helped me

Attachments

• CAM00730.jpg
    CAM00730.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 34
  • CAM00733.jpg
    CAM00733.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 34
  • CAM00735.jpg
    CAM00735.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 33
  • CAM00736.jpg
    CAM00736.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 31
  • CAM00737.jpg
    CAM00737.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 31
I have been painting for almost 2 years now and "knock on wood" I have not dropped a brush yet, however I lost count of the times I have dropped a nozzle for my 2 Velocities (smaller than a grain of rice). I have tried several techniques such as using a soft mat, tried a working over a shield (ended across the room) but my remedy was simple really....keep plenty of replacements in stock. :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Very cool tips, Forky.
Might just save someone's gun from a tragic farming accident!:laugh::laugh:.
I'd probably add a layer of foam around the hole, just to rest the a/b on, as well.
Electric toothbrush - good one, but the wife would kill me for it.- hers was expensive, and so are the heads!
As I already am the proud owner/user of defective eyes, I already use the magnifier thngs, but I'd recommend them to anyone wanting to do detail stuff.
Great advice and ideas!
Well done and thanks for sharing them, Forky.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks splasha good idea about the foam i might look at padding the holes today
cheers
a quick note on the toothbrush, just be real careful not to push in to far, i haven't done it yet but you could damage the needle if you go in too deep

I have been painting for almost 2 years now and "knock on wood" I have not dropped a brush yet, however I lost count of the times I have dropped a nozzle for my 2 Velocities (smaller than a grain of rice). I have tried several techniques such as using a soft mat, tried a working over a shield (ended across the room) but my remedy was simple really....keep plenty of replacements in stock. :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

just had a thought, i use a large magnet i got out of a speaker for combing the ground for lost little metallic things, i tried the nozzles, thy stick to it, might help dunno

Back