Minimax Airbrush

Ok, so I managed to sort the air out after hours of trying different things 😁

I tried small o-rings, large o-rings, small leather washers, large leather washers, no washers and the only thing I could get to work was the plasticky piece out of the inside of a beer bottle cap! Any one know what that stuff is? I could do with getting a sheet of it in a decent thickness!
I cut a circle the size of the plunger housing bore and then cut a hole in the centre of that a bit smaller than the plunger brass seal piece (hope that makes sense) it was the only way I could get her to work properly 😁

Almost sorted out the paint flowing ever so slightly when the air is on, but that I think is down to the dodgy nozzle. I tried to reshape it best I could, but it obviously needs more work!

Heres a pic of the spray pattern so far, its a bit spidery but am happy with the old girl so far :cool:
20240508_140854.jpg
And a pic of a few of the seal attempts :) the one that it working is just like the leather one with the large hole in it, that didn't work but the plasticky one did!

20240508_132303.jpg
 
Ok, so I managed to sort the air out after hours of trying different things 😁

I tried small o-rings, large o-rings, small leather washers, large leather washers, no washers and the only thing I could get to work was the plasticky piece out of the inside of a beer bottle cap! Any one know what that stuff is? I could do with getting a sheet of it in a decent thickness!
I cut a circle the size of the plunger housing bore and then cut a hole in the centre of that a bit smaller than the plunger brass seal piece (hope that makes sense) it was the only way I could get her to work properly 😁

Almost sorted out the paint flowing ever so slightly when the air is on, but that I think is down to the dodgy nozzle. I tried to reshape it best I could, but it obviously needs more work!

Heres a pic of the spray pattern so far, its a bit spidery but am happy with the old girl so far :cool:
View attachment 89359
And a pic of a few of the seal attempts :) the one that it working is just like the leather one with the large hole in it, that didn't work but the plasticky one did!

View attachment 89358
Awesome! I knew you were clever enough to get it sorted.
 
Ok, so I managed to sort the air out after hours of trying different things 😁

I tried small o-rings, large o-rings, small leather washers, large leather washers, no washers and the only thing I could get to work was the plasticky piece out of the inside of a beer bottle cap! Any one know what that stuff is? I could do with getting a sheet of it in a decent thickness!
I cut a circle the size of the plunger housing bore and then cut a hole in the centre of that a bit smaller than the plunger brass seal piece (hope that makes sense) it was the only way I could get her to work properly 😁

Almost sorted out the paint flowing ever so slightly when the air is on, but that I think is down to the dodgy nozzle. I tried to reshape it best I could, but it obviously needs more work!

Heres a pic of the spray pattern so far, its a bit spidery but am happy with the old girl so far :cool:
View attachment 89359
And a pic of a few of the seal attempts :) the one that it working is just like the leather one with the large hole in it, that didn't work but the plasticky one did!

View attachment 89358
Well done Ian, that’s outstanding and you’ve got it spraying pretty nice now. I forget what that plastic is called, I knew once upon a time. I’m sure someone will know.
 
Some updates!
I utilised a brass tube I took off another brush a while ago to make QC fitting for this one :)
20240509_142819.jpg

also tried to repair the tip of the nozzle with a bit of solder, found a drill bit that fit in the existing hole the added some solder to the end and reshaped the tip, You cant really see it here but it is much better, I cant tell You how nervous I was adding solder to that nozzle :eek:πŸ˜‚
20240509_142910.jpg

I also tried "docking" the needle to the nozzle (I think that's the right term) Spray pattern seems more rounded and is getting better overall, managed some quite fine lines out of the old girl :)
20240509_143052.jpg

Also, reshaped the needle spring so You can actually get Your finger on the trigger now :cool:

20240509_142808.jpg

were getting there 😁
 
Some updates!
I utilised a brass tube I took off another brush a while ago to make QC fitting for this one :)
View attachment 89378

also tried to repair the tip of the nozzle with a bit of solder, found a drill bit that fit in the existing hole the added some solder to the end and reshaped the tip, You cant really see it here but it is much better, I cant tell You how nervous I was adding solder to that nozzle :eek:πŸ˜‚
View attachment 89379

I also tried "docking" the needle to the nozzle (I think that's the right term) Spray pattern seems more rounded and is getting better overall, managed some quite fine lines out of the old girl :)
View attachment 89380

Also, reshaped the needle spring so You can actually get Your finger on the trigger now :cool:

View attachment 89377

were getting there 😁
Well done bro, very impressed
 
Great job Ian, I hope you can get it to the point that you’re happy with. For sure Iran awesome Airbrush that you got there πŸ‘πŸ˜
 
Back
Top