Mixing Createx and Auto Air?

Z

Zuki250

Hey all,

I am doing a hockey mask for a friends daughter and wanted to do a pearl pink. I have Auto Air pearl red...but no pearl white. I do have Createx Pearl white...will these be ok to mix, or should i pick up some pearl white AA? Also over the pink I am laying down a lace in pearl white. Should i throw transparent base down in between the pink and white lace.....sorry for all the questions, I am fairly new to this.

if it is standard createx then the answer is no. But you can add a touch of non pearl white (auto air, Wicked ) to that red pearl and you will have pink pearl. The standard Createx textile will cause the paint job to fail more times then succeed .
Yes transbase between the color changes or you may (most likely will) get a color shift .

Great!! thank you!!
I wasn't sure that if i added white that wasn't a pearl it would still look right, or lose the pearl effect!!

I thought they were all mixable, I know I mixed createx lime pearl with candy 2.0 yellow and 4030 and 4020. I'm pretty sure I've mixed others too.

Createx products are inter mixable, but as Mr.Micron says, the standard createx is for fabric use, meant to be sprayed with larger nozzles and higher pressure and not ideal for painting a hockey mask. Wicked is great for that kind of thing.:)

The textile line has not changed over the year it was ans is design for fabric and is not color fast where as the Wicked line is design for anything and everything that will hold paint on it and is color fast .

This is what I got from Createx a while back

"Auto Air 4004 and Wicked W200 are the same resin base (Wicked Detail Colors use a different resin base, however it’s not available as a transparent base, same as the resin used to make Auto Air 4600 Series Candy – Pigment Colors)
5601 Createx Airbrush Colors Transparent Base is its own resin, unique to the Createx Airbrush Colors line
5090 Createx Illustration Colors Transparent Base is its own resin, unique to the Createx Illustration Colors line"

Back