Mixing ratio

Woodpecker

Double Actioner
Hi all.

Recently got myself a 3d printer and got some inks. Liquitex acrylic ink and daler rowney aquafine watercolour ink.
Using a .3 needle/nozzle.

Getting myself a little confused with whether or not I need to water them down. The metallic liquitex seems to need more thinning than the straight colours, and the D.R. Gets very transparent if thinned too much. I can adjust pressure to whatever I need as I use a 50 litre tank. Or do I need to go to a .5 needle/nozzle? Most of my work requires covering larger areas, I use a brush for very fine detail.

Reason I ask is I read that some of you thin down 10-1. I would have thought that would make the paint just water......but obviously not.
Thanks

If it does not flow as you want to, you need to either thin it more or up the pressure. With thinning it will obviously get more transparent. You will also just need to do more layers.

Reducing paint to flow is a big part of learning to airbrush. It can be tough because some mediums will require moe thinning than others. Some may not need any reduction at all, even different colours within the same range will need some more or a little less reducer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my airbrush has seen better days. I swapped over to one I've never used and the paint came out fine. I've ordered another needle/nozzle, but I may just invest in a new gun also.

Back