Modified Neo for Iwata

M

Madbrush

I recently bought me a Neo for iwata because at this early stage in the learning process, I didn't want to dirty my new H & S Evolution, but I noticed 2 little problems which meant it wasn't entirely to my liking, the first was no Needle distance adjustment and the second was the closed crown tip protector making it impossible to see the needle while at work.

I decided to correct these 2 problems by using parts from a cheaper brush I had which will never be used, here you can see the end result and although I say it myself, I think it looks rather trendy.

View attachment 1918

Looks good. But those are things that will push the price up. Why not just remove the nozzle cap when you need to see the needle. It's also easier to pick the needle clean from tip-dry. If I were gonna make me a nozzle cap, it will look like the Infinity or the Krome ones. With just 2 prongs doing the protection.

Looks good. But those are things that will push the price up. Why not just remove the nozzle cap when you need to see the needle. It's also easier to pick the needle clean from tip-dry. If I were gonna make me a nozzle cap, it will look like the Infinity or the Krome ones. With just 2 prongs doing the protection.

Thank you Andre, but this actually didn't cost anything because I already had the parts, and the parts I took off were put on the other airbrush which doesn't need the needle adjuster because it will be used only for clear coating since it has a 0.8 tip and nozzle, if it had cost anything I would have left it as it was.

And I don't know why, but I don't seem to have any problems with tip dry (yet)

Why do you (we) need to see the needle please?

When you can see the needle your work will be more precise because you can see where the needle is pointing and if you take off the crown while you work you can get closer to the work, therefore you can make finer lines, and also like Andre said, you can easily pull tip dry off with your finger nails.

Back