Moisture Trap Video yo!

airbrushtutor

Love Spreading Overseer
I set up a moisture trap. So i filmed it. Getting desperate i guess.

[video=youtube;ByZzn7uvVGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZzn7uvVGM[/video]

great mitch,, i have two mosture traps, and i still get water after about an hour of continious work,, my compressor has no tank... anything i can do bout that.

great mitch,, i have two mosture traps, and i still get water after about an hour of continious work,, my compressor has no tank... anything i can do bout that.

Buy a real compressor....LOL just kidding buddy , But you can get a small tank like the ones made for filling tires and hook that to you tankless compressor.
Main thing on them is the get hot fast and have a short hose.

Cool video Mitch.

lol, i like my tankless compressor,, it is quiet,,,i have a 5 gallon tank , but man the damn thing is so loud...thanks for the advice....one of these days , i will get a worthy compressor...

Compressed air is heated when compressed and cools in the airline from a direct compressor. Do you have a moisture trap on your airbrush? I found the compressor one was useless as I had no tank as well. A tank would be the first stage of collection and the start point of cooling the air hence less water in airline to airbrush. It may help putting a cooling fan on compressor as they only recommend running for an hour then allow to cool (compressor without tank). Hope this helps a little.

regards Tufty

Invest in a little Bambi Ran silent and sweet, I have a moisture trap on my moisture trap I'm so damn fly. Great video though yet again.

Invest in a little Bambi Ran silent and sweet, I have a moisture trap on my moisture trap I'm so damn fly. Great video though yet again.

agree with,, no point in the mitch getting bummed.. as soon as this wear out , im going to check into something proper.. and tufty,, i have one on my compressor, and airbrush...dont know what going on, !!!!!!!

agree with,, no point in the mitch getting bummed.. as soon as this wear out , im going to check into something proper.. and tufty,, i have one on my compressor, and airbrush...dont know what going on, !!!!!!!

Have you got the air intake to the compressor plumbed into your incoming water main? Lol......

Have you got the air intake to the compressor plumbed into your incoming water main? Lol......

no dude , its coming off of a steel that pressurizes the alcohol so the content will be more condensed

Lmao, love the little tongue pop!!! I do that crap all the time, lol we are both dorks!!! But I'm not a gangster yo!!

Josh

Gangstar! Cheers fellas:)
Ran! no i honestly have no idea how to help with the moisture traps not working? i've got a tank obviously and never recommend tankless.. but that must be the problem? your air is still heated on delivery or something? yeah you can put the base of your air hose in a bucket of iced water.
Do you think the trip to the service station, filling up the water, buying the two cherry ripes because they're 2 for $3, realising you've only got money for the ice, having to pay by card, only accepting amex so you get charged the 4% extra, then realised you just grabbed the king size cherry ripes and it wasn't them on sale so you're out of pocket $8 - gig will wear off quick or do you think you'll just get a compressor with a tank?
That's reality my friend. That's reality.

You are such a good teacher. You should do it full time.

I like to have a shut-off valve between the filter and the quick coupling. For some odd reason I don't like the airbrush to be left under pressure. So I close the tap and let the air out of the hose connected to the gun. Don't ask why or when this "believe" happened, it just did.

If your moisture trap is not working try using a longer hose between your compressor and trap the water and air mixure needs to cool before the water and air will seperate. Also use gravity as your friend you want the hose coming out of the moisure trap to go upward after the trap. This picture explains allot I know it is for a bigger set up than most of will use but the theories are the same.Sharpe_airlines1.jpg

lol, i like my tankless compressor,, it is quiet,,,i have a 5 gallon tank , but man the damn thing is so loud...thanks for the advice....one of these days , i will get a worthy compressor...

Ran I do have a tankless and after running into the same issue on it I added a tank to it , now no issues But that is the compressor I use down stairs when the temps outside are below 0 . Anything above that I can work in the garage with my main compressor .

Aussy's always thinking there gangsters hahaha! funny vid bro! I need to sort me out another water trap..I have one on the actual airbrush for now.

I have this same issue. Bought a new Husky 3 gal compressor. 2 moisture traps between the hoses and 1 directly to my airbrush. Never had this much of an issue.

Back