More than one airbrush? What do most people clean their airbrush with? Paper towel?

Would automotive rustoleum primer be good, or are you talking about the quarts of primer that are expensive and need a spray gun? What is it about a spray can the reduces the quality? Anything?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358209468.578747.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358209484.490799.jpg

Most primer in a can is a 1 part meaning it does not have an activator . Anytime you can use a two part
it will have a much higher film build and be much stronger . If you were to build up a bunch of coats of 1part it will be weak and create problems . The 1part also won't self level as good as a slower drying two part . Many two part primers will also require adding reducer and need larger size nozzle sprayguns to spray them .
Here at coast airbrush we do have a two part epoxy and a two part urathane primer in a can . We also have. Free video on coastairbrushtv.com under free videos you can check out on the whole spraymax line . You can still use 1part primers and some double as adhesion promoters to plastic like the aerosol one from SEM . They can work good when not over used for high film build . I agree its best to stay within a line . It's good to know the information such as cure times on primers as well so you don't have issues with wrinkling . The new House Of Kolor Shimrin 2primer /sealers are very forgiving and offer primary colors that can be mixed to make other colors . This makes for greAter savings using less expensive color .
This also helps for better coverage of the color . We even offer pre colored color cards that can be sprayed over to test colors ! We have quite a few videos on the Shimrin 2line . More are being added all the time !

Wow, thanks, that is great info. I did a little research about letting the kandy flash dry before each coat. I am planning to get a tool force spray gun to start with and learn. It has good reviews and comes with two different size nozzles. I might just go on your website and get the 2 part primer in a can for now. Is kandy paint transparent? Any idea how they did this effect in the below picture? Looks like they jeweled the metal similar to jeweling a gun bolt, and put kandy red on top. I would think that might cause adhesion problems, but maybe adhesion problems are less prevalent on metals. I was looking on the Internet at inspire paint, it's cheaper and they have a good selection, anyone know of a website we can purchase this brand in the USA? I have ordered the HOK kandy set but now I want the pearl set and the marbalizers look cool too.. Man this just leads to 100 more things that I have to have.. Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358246317.523802.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358246368.243103.jpg

Back