Mr. Air Brush Custom 0.18mm by GSI Creos - Thoughts?

Hi, i own a mr.hobby gsi creos ps770 airbrush and tried and tested with an iwata custom micron 0.18mm v1 needle and nozzle and it fits and sprays just the same. I believe it is the same factory that iwata airbrushes are also made if im not mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was recently contacted by a person looking for replacement parts for there "Mr. Hobby" airbrush they were told that iwata would work in it , he did "try" iwata replacement parts and it didn't work... just some more information for you all....

What i used to replace my nozzle and needle for my mr.hobby ps770 airbrush is i-535-1b fluid nozzle and i-540-1 fluid needle. The only difference with it is the needle length. The iwata needle is about 9mm shorter than mr.hobby, but it will still fit inside the airbrush.

Im not sure about the other models of mr.hobby airbrush if the parts are interchangeable with the iwatas, i have only one mr.hobby airbrush as of now and i guess im lucky to get the right parts for it.

The only problem that i experienced before using this brush is, when i untighten the needle chuck while the needle is in place. it draws the needle to move forward the nozzle and turns it to a 0.3mm one, I resolve it by pulling and holding the trigger back first before doing so.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    359.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
So I've scoured the web for every obscure bit of AB information I can find. At one point in my research, I came across a pretty cool AB from Japan's Mr. Hobby line. It's the top AB in the line of ABs that include the "Procon Boy" series. These are supposed to be quality pieces, and I've heard good things about the Procon Boy ABs. On the other hand, however, I have yet to hear anything about this specific AB. Here's a picture of it:

View attachment 35494

These go for about $250. If anyone has actually used one of these, please share your experience. It's driving me crazy that I can't find any first-hand reviews of this AB. Also, the only reviews I've seen and read about the "Procon Boy" ABs come from users that do model work exclusively, so I'd love to hear from anyone who uses one of these for fine art. Look forward to your thoughts. Cheers!

OK - I'm .... I ge that. I have had this airbrush for about 1.5 years now - maybe even 2? It's as good as an IWATA Micron - as I've used and owned them too. It's atomization is smooth and fine - truly great airbrush. For the price I would jump on it over another Micron N.E DAY! I have a few of these GSI/Mr.Hobby airbrushes - they are all amazing tbh. Smooth lines great at handling different psi's. The parts are the same as IWATA - so thats easy enough. So if you are on the fence - I'd go with it - $200 is a great deal for this gun right now.

I don't need any more airbrushes, i have AAD. Well i am half cured i still want more but wont buy any :)

just a note on the Olympos brushes, I bought a side fed and the finish isn't as good as the Iwata, Also the needle was so soft it was really easy for a fumble fingers like me to trash it quickly. I have an older model (not the plus) Iwata HP B that all the parts fit into the Olympos (the nozzle screw thread is different on the plus compared to the older style.) My vote would be to go with Iwata.

I don't need any more airbrushes, i have AAD. Well i am half cured i still want more but wont buy any :)
lets see... last time I came home, I had two new brushes. This time I will have 3 new brushes. Maybe next time I come home I will have 4 new brushes :) is anyone noticing a trend here?

On a sad note, I think one brush vanished in the postal system. :(

Back