Mr Hobby Brush

beginner-James

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I've been painting today and I noticed that there is a lot of trigger movement before paint starts.

My question is
can you take the movement lag out of the brush( I hope I've described the problem correctly)

Beginner-James

you check for tip dry / clogged nozzle? Is your needle spring tension really really loose?
When I had sloppy or delayed spray it was bad tip dry where the nozzle was partially clogged

Charlie Even after cleaning I have a sloppy/delayed trigger movement so no not tip dry I always clean with ear buds before every trigger movement

I normally know when I have tip dry as the movement needed is twice as big/long

James

Charlie Even after cleaning I have a sloppy/delayed trigger movement so no not tip dry I always clean with ear buds before every trigger movement

I normally know when I have tip dry as the movement needed is twice as big/long

James
Ok, so much for the "usual suspects"... Is your needle chuck properly tightened? Hadn't tightened the chuck down enough on my 105 a few times and that caused delayed or no action too. The needle stayed put or slipped when pulling back. After this I'm pretty much out of ideas...

What kind of paint? I experience delayed paint when my paint is too thick and/or not enough psi.

Would reducing more or turning up psi give you better response?

By nature of the design, there is not actually any delay at all between trigger movement, and needle movement. When one moves, the other moves. What you are experiencing is actually a lag in paint flow initiation. This is generally caused by a mismatch between suction, and paint viscosity. As Joe mentioned earlier, often times you can "fix" the issue by either upping your air pressure, or reducing your paint. I most often opt for reducing the paint.

Yup, my money would be on the paint being a little thick too. Try adding some reducer a drop at a time until the delay is gone. Or you could try raising the pressure, depending on what pressure you’re already at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime ive had this problem its been buildup inside the nozzle that needed scraped out . Since i have a fairly set list of reductions that i know work with my brushes.
With a needle and some side pressure a little back and forth and you'll see it start worming its way out the front.
The buildup that is in there might surprise you if you havent been scraping it.
See this new thread and lots of others
http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/nasty-nozzle.20832/

Last edited:
Back