Mr muscle window and glass cleaner is great!

WE call windex "Mr Muscle" in the UK. There are two types. One is green in colour. This green fluid has no ammonia in it and I believe that it is the ammonia that strips the chrome but someone with more knowledge on that can explain better, Mr Micron I think knows.

Just picked up on this thread. I use Vallejo acrylic paint and Jo Sonja acrylic paint on my models. I use a mixture recommended by Javier Gonzalez, who is a world class model painter. The mix is 2 parts windex, 1 part airbrush thinner, 1 part airbrush cleaner and 8 parts distilled water. Works like a charm with the paints I use though not able to confirm how it works with other paints. I use windex for cleaning out my brush also.

I have found adding a cup of rubbing alcohol helps out a lot when making homebrew airbrush cleaner.

I have two airbrushes that the nickel plating in the cup has worn out and you can see the brass. I noticed it in my Micron C plus when I had strengthened the Windex and Water mix. This mix that is in this thread has stopped this from happening and actually cleans the paint out real fast. I never gave the ammonia any thought, but when it starts eating away at a $460 dollar airbrush you think hard.

Fred, get yourself a brush plating kit from Caswell or similar and re plate. $460 has to be looked after.

I couldn't find the ammonia free windex but I did find a window cleaner marketed as "environmentally friendly" which didn't have any ammonia in it...

Hi There,
Here is a recipe for DIY Reducer, sais it works with Createx and AutoAir paints. Hav'nt tried it yet. Let me know what you think.

1 cup Rubbing Alcohol
4 cup Water
1 cup Glass Cleaner
5 drops Glycerine

I've seen this but have been told to use denatured alchol not rubbing alchol .this is what I use
6oz distilled water
2oz denatured alchol
8 drops glycerine
thats it

Back