My 9th attempt at THE EYE (Beginner)

I noticed you're using a sheet of cardboard to mount your paper on. Even if you aren't having problems, it really can be so much better. Try a thin (3-10mm) sheet of MDF: at least A2 size (420 x 594 mm). I also suggest using 3M ScotchBLUE (really the best masking tape for painting) tape instead of the masking tape you're using at the moment. As long as you aren't using paper towels (which I use far more than I care to admit), the tape will come off the paper without a problem if you're careful.

I am a complete beginner aswell and I did a two day course with mick neill , now I had never used a airbrush before that day..most of the course was about loading paint and cleaning and dots n daggers.. . the final day we had to do a rendering of a eye.. I did three attempts at it and my final rendering was done and I thought it was crap.. Mick put the other three attempts next to it and showed me that each time I did the rendering it had improved and got cleaner with every attempt.. So what I am saying is.. Look at your previous renderings and see how they are getting cleaner as you go.. Which means you are learning to control it..

John

Last edited:
My final rendering.. Still not great .. But I am happy with my improvement.. Maybe I will do it again once I get better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 29
Back