My apologies

Michelle Smucker

Young Tutorling
I apologize for not introducing myself first. I like to jump right in and get down to business.

I'm new at airbrushing AND at facepainting. It's something I've actually been interested in for awhile and was always discouraged. Now there is nobody to discourage me so I figured this is as good a time as any. However, I recently became unemployed so funds are basically non-existent so I am trying to do get started with what I have and really would prefer to keep everything as low cost as possible.

On a more personal note. I am a divorced grandmother (they say I don't look old enough for that but so be it) with currently 5 grandchildren and another on the way. I have been raising two of my granddaughters for the past almost 8 years (the youngest was 4 months when I got her and she just turned 8 last week). Even at my age (just to be clear that's 54) I'm struggling to find my calling. Maybe this is it? I am NOT creative at all which is why I chose to use stencils. Heck I don't even know if I have the right type of air gun but I guess I will find out soon enough.

If anybody has any questions for me feel free to ask. I know I don't always post the correct introductions when need be.

Michelle

Welcome Home Michelle nice to have another young lady join the forum.
As far as right airbrush what one did you get?
Most face painter who I have seen set up in the local grocery store here where I live all use stencils and very little free hand. Most kids just want it now and will not sit still for anything other then a fast stencil job from what I have seen. Besides we all know stencils are just tools of the trade.

Welcome Michelle. I hope you find what you’re looking for in the airbrush community. Nice to have you aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, welcome from New Zealand. One of our other recent join ups (Monday?) is also a body artist... see the photo of the blue face in the photo stream...?

Hi there, welcome from New Zealand. One of our other recent join ups (Monday?) is also a body artist... see the photo of the blue face in the photo stream...?
Welcome from Australia Michelle, there is a lot of support and encouragement around here for newbies so don’t ever be shy about posting up any questions you may have. It’s confusing when you start anything new but seeing you’ve raised your grandchildren I will suggest you’re not a quitter :) Not everyone finds their calling early in life, some never find it. Even if you can find something you enjoy that will be a good for you and if you can make a little bit of money in the process all the better.
Where do you call home and what, if any, airbrush do you currently have?
@Debra Kelly may be able to suggest a good ‘starting point’ for you and suggest some good skin friendly paints for beginners.

And FYI, I was made a great-grandmother at 58 and there are several grandparents here so you are not alone in ‘being late to find your calling’ :)

Welcome to mitchs mad house! Your still a young lady to some of us on here! I became a dad again at 58 as my wife and I adopted our niece of 16! Now an A student and drummer in the school band!

I apologize for not introducing myself first. I like to jump right in and get down to business.

I'm new at airbrushing AND at facepainting. It's something I've actually been interested in for awhile and was always discouraged. Now there is nobody to discourage me so I figured this is as good a time as any. However, I recently became unemployed so funds are basically non-existent so I am trying to do get started with what I have and really would prefer to keep everything as low cost as possible.

On a more personal note. I am a divorced grandmother (they say I don't look old enough for that but so be it) with currently 5 grandchildren and another on the way. I have been raising two of my granddaughters for the past almost 8 years (the youngest was 4 months when I got her and she just turned 8 last week). Even at my age (just to be clear that's 54) I'm struggling to find my calling. Maybe this is it? I am NOT creative at all which is why I chose to use stencils. Heck I don't even know if I have the right type of air gun but I guess I will find out soon enough.

If anybody has any questions for me feel free to ask. I know I don't always post the correct introductions when need be.

Michelle
Hi Michelle, I am also a newbie at airbrushing. I got into drawing 5 years ago at the age of 51 after the kids left for college. Had to get a hobby to keep my mind off the empty nest. People are super helpful and friendly here. I hope you enjoy airbrushing!

Back