For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

My attempt at Andre's Snake

Discussion in 'Works In Progress & Finished Artworks!' started by Malky, Jul 5, 2018.

1. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

So good to see you slinging some paint Malky. After this time I can’t blame you for getting carried away a bit LOL. I’ve no doubt you’ll sort all the issues and end up with a beauty of a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jord001 likes this.
  2. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

Kilsyth, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, Planet Earth
    Thanks Si, well I've given the brush a good clean and I'm still having problems with it so I need to get some better cleaning aids to get the nozzle cleaner, I've checked all the important parts and everything is intact and as it should be so it's definitely a cleaning problem, for the moment it's useless for the snake but I can still use it for stuff with less detail so I plan to work on my paint pal while I hunt down the necessary items to get properly clean, it's bugger but I've waited 18 months so another week or two won't hurt:) I've also decide to pick up either some new paper or clay board and start it again, I had a go at trying to erase that rock this morning but it was useless.
    jord001 and SiRoxx like this.
  3. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

@Malky I had the same problem with my trusty old HP Sb+ , I knew it was clean when I had put it away in storage when I started using the micron and when I picked it up after a few years I had nothing but problems with the brush I tore it down checked everything and could not find anything wrong but decided a new nozzle would not hurt a bit after using the same nozzle for over 4 years and that did the trick
    jord001 likes this.
  4. Malky

Thanks Ronald, I don't believe there is anything wrong with the nozzle because it was giving me very fine detail in short bursts with unexpected intermittent blasts, so I'm just hunting down all the cleaning aids that served me well before I stopped painting but no longer have, once i have those I'll just clean it several times and I'm sure it will be fine.
    jord001 likes this.
  5. SiRoxx

Exactly, there’s no rush. Give that sucker a full bore clean up and it’ll be peachy.

jord001 likes this.
  6. Ronald art

@Malky a good cleaning kit never hurts and will serve you for years , but it is a old brush and the nozzle could be worn out and catch more paint pigments due to the wear
  7. Malky

You just might have a point there Ronald, I shall look into it and act accordingly:)
  8. Ronald art

it was the part that said: it will do fine detail for a moment and then it stops and only will spray larger parts that tells me the nozzle is not dirty but gets dirty real fast and that is a sign the nozzle could well be worn out or has some minor damage that catches the paint
    jord001 likes this.
  9. Malky

That actually makes sense because I was saying to Richard in PM that there were tool marks in cup with scrapes right through the polish, I also said I wouldn't surprised if the same dude that did that did other damage too, good chance he has been into the nozzle in the same haphazard way, the thick bastard, no wonder he sold it to Richard, the guy wasn't worthy of a prestige tool, in fact he is one.

While I could stretch right now to a new needle, it will take me a while to get the nozzle because I'll have save my pennies for it, I had a bit of money saved but I bought my new desk and chair with it along with some little sundries to go in the work area, I wish I had known all this before I started the snake, I can't go any further with it now until I get the brush sorted:(

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have anyo_O
  10. Ronald art

I know the feeling all to well money is tight and not easy to come by , I just checked if I by any chance had one laying around but then I remembered you have the HP B so a hp + nozzle wont fit your brush :(
    jord001 likes this.
  11. SiRoxx

That’s airbrushing from my perspective LOL. Just when you’re ready to go, something unforeseen crops up. Alls I can say is that these folks seem to be consistently good in terms of price and customer service. https://www.air-craft.net
    They carry spares for Iwata brushes.

jord001 likes this.
  12. Malky

Thanks for the link Si, I knew of the site but with my head up my arse I hadn't thought of them:) I've just ordered a new nozzle and needle @ 50 pounds and 18 pence:eek: I didn't actually need the needle but being a clumsy bastard it pays to be prepared right?, it's quite a hit financially but if I don't eat for the next three weeks I might just get by, can't afford my clay board nowo_O, any one know how erase and scratch techniques work on bog roll?

I have to admit that the thought of having to wait weeks or even months without the ability to just to do what I want was slowly driving me into a depression so I had to just go for it, my doctor ordered me to stop smoking when I saw her on Friday, my plan was to use up what little smoking materials I have left and then do what she told me so the first week and a half pays for my order:thumbsup:

And Si, if you had given me this link before 2PM this afternoon I would have had my stuff tomorrow, but now I won't have it till Wednesday, what the hell were you thinking about?, I hope your happy with yourself, I hope you sleep well tonight and I hope you don't choke on your cornflakes tomorrow morning, but hey!!! at least I'm sorted now:thumbsup:

Right I'm off now to watch the rest of the chase so don't anybody even think about disturbing me:)
  13. SiRoxx

Haha, sorry Buddy. I will remove my head from my ass and try to be quicker on the draw next time LOL. I hear where you’re coming from though, Airbrushing is my main tool to deal with depression, I honestly don’t know where I’d be if I hadn’t found it! That’s partially why I’m so grateful for this forum. And I’m 6 weeks off the Smokes too, so I really do hear where you’re coming from LOL. Right now it sucks, but I’ve started a separate bank account where I transfer about 3/4 of the money I would have spent on smoking in a month. It’s now called the airbrush supplies fund!
    Good luck with giving up Mate, keep us updated in that too.

14. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Now that’s a great incentive right there!
    jord001, SiRoxx and Malky like this.
  15. RichardH

RichardH Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

I'm glad you have got it sorted out @Malky . I honestly didn't know it was that way when I sent it to you. My bad.
    Hope the quit smoking succeeds. I've smoked since I was 12 years old and I honestly don't think I could quit. That's 61 years ago.
    I'll send your money back. :thumbsup:lollol
    Look forward to seeing if that is the problem though.
    That's what Ebay is for. Getting rid of something that doesn't work right or defective. I've made a vow not to do anymore buying from Ebay.
    jord001 likes this.
  16. Malky

You're just like me Richard, you trust people and for that the same bastard burned us botho_O:)

I think it makes sense to just play safe and tart this baby up, what Ronald says is quite correct, I could clean it and it works for a little while and then I would be cleaning it again, and again until it made me sick.

And it's definitely not your bad, it's your good because I wouldn't have got a new brush for what I paid for the parts:)

I've got to get off the cigs, they actually hurt me now and that aint goodo_O
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    jord001, JackEb, SiRoxx and 2 others like this.
  17. Malky

I've just been having a good look around air-craft.net's site, while they don't have a lot of stuff on their site that I think they probably should have they do have a lot of cool stuff and as you said, amazing prices, I found the iwata HP-B+ for only tuppence short of 160 quid, that's the best price I've even seen that at, it's €220 at foxy's in their sale which around 205 GBP, same price at Lion Art, I'm going to save hard for that, should be easy and quick enough when I'm of those pesky fags, my HP-B will have sister to keep her company and I'll have back up, or if I ever get as good as Paul I can do my paint pals with one hand and my own stuff with the other :thumbsup: and the 50 quid I've saved has paid for my nozzle and needle and a bit left over for sweets, how cool is that?:)
    jord001, SiRoxx and RichardH like this.
  18. SiRoxx

That’s great Buddy!
    They do seem to be a bit more setup for Models than art, but the range of brushes and spares are good. I’ve dealt with them before and they’re decent genuine people, so I have no worries recommending them. The price of the B+ will soon be covered with non smoking cash! It’s a good incentive for sure.

jord001 likes this.
  19. Malky

I spoke to a guy called Martin through email this morning, decent bloke, I just wanted to double check the nozzle was right because it's different to the plus models, the guy couldn't help me quick enough, my package is now on it's way and I'll get it tomorrow.

Yes all their paints seem to be geared towards models for sure, from what I gather they haven't been around that long and are still building their business.
    jord001, SiRoxx and RichardH like this.
  20. SiRoxx

That’s the impression I get too. I have also dealt with Martin, he is a nice guy. I ordered a replacement needle and nozzle for my CM-C+, delivery was very quick but a full Head Assembly turned up! Unfortunately my conscience got the better of me and I had to call and tell him. Had it been Amazon I’d have jumped for joy, but I couldn’t screw a fellow small business owner out of £100. He was very grateful and actually delivered the right order about 12hrs later. So although there was a cock up, he went above and beyond to sort it, that’s usually what I like to judge a business on.

jord001, JackEb and Malky like this.