My compressor just died

Mike115

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I purchased the attached compressor in July, it's only had light ish use until now.

It was off ebay so I doubt I'm gonna get it replaced despite being new

Can I get the manufacturer to help? Or is there something at the same price point that's better?

Thanks

My first stop would be EBay, then manufacturer. It sounds like they should replace it as it’s brand new and most things seem to have a 12 month warranty as a minimum

I’ll second what Jackie said. I would speak to EBay first and see what they say.

Ebay say as its so "old" speak to the seller.

I've sent them a message, fingers crossed.

Is this a half decent compressor?

I'd do what you have done and contact the seller, failing that if you paid with paypal, next step is to get in touch with them..

Whats gone wrong? Theres not much to these oil less type compressors when you open them up.. Most things can be fixed quite easily.

Lee

I think PayPal have a 90 day limit on claims?

But I'll investigate if the seller stonewalls me.

Re what went wrong.

I was paining and it click in to fill, made a buzzing noise, almost like it was stuck, took me about 60 seconds to realise, looked down and smoke was billowing out if the holes in it, I'm awful with electrics but a quick Google suggests the motor might have fried, but I really dunno

Sry to hear that you compressor is died on you. I agree with Jackie.

I went on amazon uk to read bad reviews about Orazio compressors. According to reviews those compressor can be box full of surprises...

I tried to find Orazio manufacturer but without luck, but I noticed many people call those compressors Orazio(Katsu). Maybe Katsu is the name of manufacturer? It sounds japanese to me -.-

I remember when my compressor died, I had dilema where to get it. Ebay and Amazon didn't smell nice to me in the case something with compressor goes wrong. I try to not buy electronic stuff there if I can get them locally for a little higher price, cause you never know when you will need warranty support for electronic stuff. This is not a problem if you buy motherboard for pc, but it can be problem if you buy chinese compressor, chinese ultrasound cleaner and all chinese stuff.

Back to the important part. When I was googling for my new compressor I found great compressors in UK.
They are out of your budget, so no drooling before you check them.
https://www.airsupplies.co.uk/air-c...ted-silent-air-compressors-bambi-budget-range

So I was thinking about it some time and decided It's not worth it, even if they are great. Let me explain. I needed bigger compressor, so shipment would be expensive. But the biggest part was if something goes wrong I would need to pay a lot of money to ship big compressor to UK from my place. But if I would be in UK, I would go for Bambi if I could scrap money for it.You can get all the parts for it, including with great support. So I bought bigger compressor in my town and if something goes wrong I put compressor in the car * I wonder if it fits -.- * and I would drive to the place where they are making those compressors in my town.

Is Bambi worth it? It depends. If 2 more compressors from ebay go bad on you and you suck with electronics like I do... You spent money for a Bambi.
I would also like to mention many of us are using those ''regular'' a little more silent compressors which are cheaper then true silent ones. Including @SiRoxx , me and probably bunch of other people. It depends where you have your compressor and how ''silent'' it is. You can get not so loud compressors which are not aimed at airbrush artists and they are cheaper then airbrush ones.

I know there is a chinese model which is cheap and works great. If I am not mistaken @Franc Kaiser using one. Maybe he can give you a tip if you will not be successfull with your replacement/warranty/finding manufacturer.

And just for another drooling moment :cool:
Just wondering. Can you guys in UK buy stuff with monthly payments? Nah, just joking, don't you dare :laugh:

Since 2 years or so, i am using a Fengda FD-186 compressor. It is the equivalent (or actually the same) product like this one. https://www.amazon.com/Timbertech-A...keywords=compressor+186&qid=1583209047&sr=8-1

The price is correct (around USD 100) - i paid the same for it here in China ordering it from a factory nearby. It gives you lots of mileage - it never failed on me, except for once i had to exchange the regulator because of a leakage.

So I've heard nothing off the seller yet, admittedly it's early but decided to power it on, ready to extinguisher anything that might happen and it works, perfectly fine

I'll push for it to be serviced as clearly there is an issue, but for now, it lives, weirdly.

Thanks for rhw suggestions I'll sit and read them properly later as I suspect this won't last very long now

Glad you had a positive outcome, now stick some paint in the airbrush

I need cool piggy bank just in case something like this happens to me

43f1a3c19cc7bb628d5b258e47c193bf.jpg

Unfortunately, mine would look more like this :whistling:
images

After reading a lot of reviews on compressors. I am a little lost. If I go on a bambi I see that in the end on the technical sheet we cannot use pneumatic tools for my second use except airbrush. So what is this compressor for?
Now if I take I only do the airbrush with to draw on A4 sheet with we will say a normal air flow, this kind of compressor turns on every how long ??

It depends on the size of the air tank to how often it turns on. The smaller Bambi compressors are mainly aimed at airbrushes and only have 1 motor as they don't need to push out a lot of psi. They may run a micro air tool such as a dentist drill or micro die grinder but may run out of air quickly depending on the size of the tank.
this has the largest small tank at 24L

BB24-bambi-air-compressor.jpg

However they do more industrial versions with 2 or more motors which will run pneumatic tools but they are large compressors and have a large air tank.

This has 2 motors and a 50L tank which would be better suited to using air tools too.

bambi 2pot.jpg

This is a 3 motor version with an 80L tank which is the type and size a dentist would use..

Bambi.large_.jpg

Of course with the bigger compressors comes a bigger price.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Plus au moins merci. Par contre, par exemple un bambi de 9 litres ne se recharge pas toutes les 30 secondes ??? si c'est le cas avec ce type de compresseur ce n'est pas trop gênant, vu qu'ils sont très silencieux ... ce que je ne comprends pas par contre c'est de savoir pourquoi il dit 10 minutes allumé équivaut à 10 min d'arrêt et 30 minutes allumé équivaut à 30 minutes off est l'arrêt de celui-ci. Le compresseur ne peut pas fonctionner plus de 30 minutes ??

Plus au moins merci. Par contre, par exemple un bambi de 9 litres ne se recharge pas toutes les 30 secondes ??? si c'est le cas avec ce type de compresseur ce n'est pas trop gênant, vu qu'ils sont très silencieux ... ce que je ne comprends pas par contre c'est de savoir pourquoi il dit 10 minutes allumé équivaut à 10 min d'arrêt et 30 minutes allumé équivaut à 30 minutes off est l'arrêt de celui-ci. Le compresseur ne peut pas fonctionner plus de 30 minutes ??
no englesi? -.-

No, unfortunately I don't speak English. I use Google Translate. My question was whether the 9 liter bambi could only run for 30 minutes continuously? (From what I could read on the official data sheet)

No, unfortunately I don't speak English. I use Google Translate. My question was whether the 9 liter bambi could only run for 30 minutes continuously? (From what I could read on the official data sheet)
no worries, you gonna learn with us. :D I also use google translator, cause my english is so bad lol

Back