My cup runith over

L

lindy

Here's my tip for the day... Never fill your paint cup over half full, especially if you're working with a low viscosity fluid like India Ink... It can lead to a helluva mess. Don't ask me how I know this!:eek:ops:

That is why they make caps that go on top of cups , I learned that long ago:D
Oh almost forgot ya ain't suppose to paint upside down either..

lol dont ever backflush your airbrush with the cap on and hole in the cap cake with paint..it will blow it off.

That is why they make caps that go on top of cups , I learned that long ago:D
Oh almost forgot ya ain't suppose to paint upside down either..

My side feed brush doesn't have a cap for the cup... Ack! :)

But can you get them for the 1/8 oz cup that comes supplied with the airbrush?
Perhaps they figure if you're using a cup this small then you're only going to use a few drops of paint?
I don't think so, I just got foolish and over filled it. I think I'll save my pennies and invest in the larger cup with a lid! :)

Oh no, lol. Been there! I like to keep an eye on my paint, so I never bother to use the cap. I like to to make sure paint doesn't start to dry out on the inside of the cup (as I have no chrome and it can be a bugger to get it off), make sure I am not about to run out, or so I can add more reducer as I go, or change the colour by adding a drop or two of something else. I'm just too lazy to keep putting it on and taking it off again. After the first time you chuck paint everywhere you soon learn not to do it again lol.

I rarely use the cap. Like Squishy, I'm too lazy to keep taking it on and off. Probably a bad habit to have come into, but I've become very careful about spilling paint out of the cup. I also mix my paints right in the cup by back flushing and using a paper towel over the cup to prevent spatters.

Buy a siphon LOL, also seen peeps stuff tissue in the top, still breathes but helps to stop the potential whoopsie..

I've never used any of my caps. I don't swing the guns around and the distance I usually need to cover is about 12". I do have to pop the bubbles after a back flush because if a bubble pops when close tho artwork, it can make a mess.

none of my brushes have caps.... spilt carbon black one day, on blue jeans.... now I have a pair of old jeans that I airbrush with...

I made the mistake of doing very enthusiastic strokes up/down on some canvas, stopped too fast on an up stroke but the paint in my cup kept going, got everywhere lol. Since then I used the cap, don't trust myself ;):whistling:

Back