My first attempts at Art

Very nice pieces Nikk,
I am guessing you have a history of drawing ?

When you post up a painting its also nice to know
- what size
- what paint
- how long

the extra info really helps newcomers when they see something like
it took me 6 hours and its 100cm x 90cm.

Nice pics, All up my street, Skulls Dredd and And what look like the American Werewolf..

Bit of useless info, I have been to the tiny village in Wales where they had the Slaughtered Lamb pub from the movie.

Have you planned pic #4 yet?

Lee

Very nice pieces Nikk,
I am guessing you have a history of drawing ?

When you post up a painting its also nice to know
- what size
- what paint
- how long

the extra info really helps newcomers when they see something like
it took me 6 hours and its 100cm x 90cm.
Hi yes i have always love to draw, but never used paints in my life, except on model kits (hand painted, not air brushed) although i ain't that good with a pencil, but i can get across what its meant to be. I also spent time with Photoshop doing digital painting.

And OK here goes.....
Disc world death is 40"x32" Vallejo air paints and roughly a month at a few hours each day........roughly an hour each day repairing the cock ups id made the day before.

Dredd 20"x16" again vallejo air and probably about 16 hours

David from American werewolf (thank you for recognizing that :) ) is also 20"x16", vallejo air and 10-12 hours roughly.

never even thought about adding those kind of details, lol

Nice pics, All up my street, Skulls Dredd and And what look like the American Werewolf..

Bit of useless info, I have been to the tiny village in Wales where they had the Slaughtered Lamb pub from the movie.

Have you planned pic #4 yet?

Lee
Thank you, thank you thank you!!! My friend asked if it was a dog!!( he can nearly walk again). i toured London for the locations years ago, and i really wanna go to the pub.....although it is somebody's living room now!
I'm planning a boris karloff monster for my next piece. i am basically a sad horror/sci fi/ fantasy geek.

Nice job! They look great. The background in drawing will serve you really well. Great start and I’m looking forward to seeing the next ones.

Hi yes i have always love to draw, but never used paints in my life, except on model kits (hand painted, not air brushed) although i ain't that good with a pencil, but i can get across what its meant to be. I also spent time with Photoshop doing digital painting.

And OK here goes.....
Disc world death is 40"x32" Vallejo air paints and roughly a month at a few hours each day........roughly an hour each day repairing the cock ups id made the day before.

Dredd 20"x16" again vallejo air and probably about 16 hours

David from American werewolf (thank you for recognizing that :) ) is also 20"x16", vallejo air and 10-12 hours roughly.

never even thought about adding those kind of details, lol

Thank you :) I know when I first started I would look at some of the jaw dropping work and think that I'd never get close to reproducing it in anything less than a week of solid painting.... I felt a little less intimidated when I discovered that it did indeed take 30+ hours of paint time on some of the 'realism' pieces.
Including the size helps when you see a ton of detail and think 'I could never .... ' but if the size is large, its a little less daunting that if its the size of a razor blade
mentioning paint line helps others see what that paint line looks like

This place is heavy on helping newcomers so the more info you can provide helps in two ways.
- it helps future newcomers see what products are available (and what to avoid)
-it helps us to help you, the more info we have the better we can help :)

Totally see where you are coming from! and i will continue to post with those basics each time. It also put in to perspective for me as well, i hadn't realised that i had started to speed up a little, not that i wanna be fast, just made less mistakes with each new pic.

Back