My first impression of the Takumi micron.

erwin de pan

Mac-Valve Maestro!
My first impression of the Takumi micron.
It was just like every new airbrush I buy.
It sprays worse than my old one (cm-sb.)
Fortunately, I know from experience that this is only temporary.:)
After some adjustments a soft spring. and loosening the needle gasket it was already better.
After an hour or so I got used to it.
And it sprays better than my SB that has a K33 needle in it.
Haven't polished the Takumi's needle yet.
I am happy with the Takumi :thumbsup:
although it is a lot of money for a small difference if you already have a cm-sb.

I think that's what makes the most difference.
If you want to write very small, you automatically grab the pencil closer to the tip.
Not that the line becomes thinner, but it gives more control.
A smaller movement at the end of the airbrush.
For me it is only noticeable when I support my hand and move the airbrush only with my fingers.
For longer lines that I spray with 1 hand or from my wrist, I don't notice it much.
But for that small wrinkle of lashes it just makes a difference

"... although it is a lot of money for a small difference if you already have a cm-sb..."

I agree that if you already have the CM-SB, the switch to a Takumi is an expensive one that one may not really feel, or see that much... but, will also say that since I got the Eclipse version, I have not picked up my original HP-SBS - and won't be looking back. I love the Eclipse version!

"... although it is a lot of money for a small difference if you already have a cm-sb..."

I agree that if you already have the CM-SB, the switch to a Takumi is an expensive one that one may not really feel, or see that much... but, will also say that since I got the Eclipse version, I have not picked up my original HP-SBS - and won't be looking back. I love the Eclipse version!
Has anybody just attempted to fit a CM-SB with a Takumi color cup and then compared the two? Near as I can tell they’re really shouldn’t be any difference between the two if you did that. The Takumi is 7mm shorter than the CM-SB but all of the critical spray parts seem to be the same.

Has anybody just attempted to fit a CM-SB with a Takumi color cup and then compared the two? Near as I can tell they’re really shouldn’t be any difference between the two if you did that. The Takumi is 7mm shorter than the CM-SB but all of the critical spray parts seem to be the same.

You would think there is not much of a difference, but there is. The Takumi cup and normal color cup are interchangeable - same stem. I did not think that the difference in length would create a noticeable difference in response time, or that one would be able to perceive that difference. But, using them back to back it is actually quite noticeable. Now, does this really change the World? Up the the individual user, I suppose.

the Takumi cup is the only thing I wanted to try out and it is like Dave stated there is a difference in response time

definatly a step up from the standard version, i reckon the cup alone would of been enough for me, even if it was still suction and not gravity fed the ability to easily clean it is worth it too

Back