My first kit

Thanks for the info! I think i'll give the package a miss and buy seperately.

Any suggestions on a specific brush / compressor?

At the moment i have no specific intentions, i just want to learn how to use the brush and go from there, in the future i would like to work on stuff like cars / bikes / helmets etc. As for paints, i want the cheapest ones to start off since i will be 'wasting' them :D

So where in the world are you? There are folks from all over on here so the brush choice may be better depending on where you live. Some parts are hard to come by in some areas. Also taxes in some countries are high.

I'm only going to recommend the iwata cs if you can get parts in your area. You will need nozzle and needle eventually no mater how careful you are. The cs is great to start with because its easy to take apart and put back together. The new ones. If you get an older one you may have trouble with the trigger. I would also steer away from used for your first brush only because you may buy someone's problem. Split nozzles are hard to see with the naked eye and paint dried in the air chamber can cause odd problems. With a new brush you get a warranty. Another reason for the iwata is it holds value. If you decide this isn't for you. Put it up on eBay and you'll get most of your money back.

The compressor you can get used. I would even recommend that. Just make sure it's complete and functional. Turn it on. Let it fill. Let air out and see it kick back on and fill. But check the price of it new and make sure you are getting a deal. The only problems I have had with compressors are the regulator that controls the pressure to the brush and the electrical switch that turns the compressor on and off. Those are expencive to replace. But if the compressor looks very old and used pass on it. Look for one with low hours.

I'm from ireland.

I am edging towards a cheap brand to get a feel for it and to test it before investing hundreds into it. I seen a nice cheap kit on ebay with a 3L tank compressor. It is tagged with nail art and i am wondering if you would be able to use it for clothing? I want to practice on clothing items to start with using stencils and i was wondering if this would suit my needs for this?

COMPLETE AIRBRUSH COMPRESSOR KIT TANK NAIL TATOO ART NAILART AIR BRUSH GUN HOSE | eBay

If so i will purchase it today and test it out before investing in a high performance iwata and good compressor, i can always use my brothers kit to see how it feels also :D

Anazoth u should be fine with that, knock offs got me into it, buy the compressor with the tank under it, I've gotten better guns but i kept the compressor. It should get you started fine, its not bad to learn it with those, if u drope the gun or break a nozzle or needle u pay like 5$ for a fix, for iwatas u pay ten times that for a fix.

Good to hear! :D

I just want to get the feel for it, not losing much with buying this, pretty much a days wage lol. Now to research what paint to buy :\

Back