My first steps on the path

G

Gutted

Hi All

First of all my english in writing not so good. I'm sorry any misunderstanding in the future!;)
I'm new in airbrush and on the forum as well. Glad to see you guys how look after each other I hope I will be an acceptable member off this family! I want to say thank you to all of you because that many post and comment help me a lot. And of course our Great tutor!!!! I can say he is the reason why I start do this amazing art!
I started about 1-1,5 month ago. I'm really enjoy this magical world.
I saw couple of previous post here and noticed everybody is hugely kind. Now I'm dare to post couple of my work. :)
I'm open for any criticism, tip, advice anything. Of course I find many mistake after(bit dark,more attention of details,ect) but if you have anything just hit me! The eye was my first victim after 2week dots,dagger stroke and lines. After I decide some play with the colours on the skull. And try the technics on the vampier lip. I also have one leopard in progress. I will post later. All work I made my Iwata Neo but I find some things are very hard to do with this gun. I have to practise more. Or I have to upgrade my gun. If yes what do you guys recommended. I need a proper one. In that case.
Anyway Thx for looking!! Keep it up guys those many beautiful work!
Cheers
Joe

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357813721.833277.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357813760.901910.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357813915.781821.jpg

Welcome Joe,
dont be so hard on yourself, for only being at it for 5-6 weeks i think its a perfectly respectable effort !

the iris looks a little large on your eye and its a little dark but still a stirling effort , and there is a thread around here somewhere that states you are not really a member until you've done the eye ........ so you're in..

well done,

Thx yeah I will go back to the eye definitely! Maybe today!;) Is a really good subject!
Practise practise practise!!!
Cheers

Hi Gutted and welcome to the forum:) glad you've chosen to give this hobby a go! your iwata neo will serve you well for the time being, i know a few artists on this forum who use one and are quite impressed by them.
It's good to see you practising and pushing yourself - i'd encourage you to continue practising the 'airbrush exercises' however until they get exhausting! As much as you practise more advanced artworks, you should practise the airbrush exercises the same amount. You will notice massive improvements in your airbrush control skills and speed in even a few hours.
Best of luck and fire away with any questions you may have for this wonderful little airbrushing world to answer:)

Thank you very much!! I will ask and practise to!! Appreciate your words!!
Cheers :D

yes not wanting to sound too harsh, the reason you can not do certain things with that brush is your lack of experience and not the brush itself..... the neo is a great beginners brush..... easy to maintain relliable and from a reputable manufacturer...... stick with it for a while until your skills have improved then maybe consider an iwata eclipse, or a badger krome or velocity..... do not panic, you seem to be doing great and anything you can not do at the moment will be sure to happen for you soon with practice

Welcome to the forum and you are ahead of the norm in my book for as long as you have been doing it. Just keep going and let it come to you!

Josh

Welcome aboard and think Adfez nailed it on the head but my next step would not be an eclipse I would say he's right about the badger any of the renegade series or an iwata hi performance line or better. I have never used a Neo due to the fact they are a newer line of beginner/starter brush and it's been a long time since I started. I started mainly with an eclipse as my primary. They are awesome airbrushes and work horses. Anyways looks like your off to a good start and you have some artistic ability to help you out on this journey.

Don't worry ad fez I'm not in a dream world. I'm a musician to and I know without hard work you can't achieve anything. I will practise much more.
Thx for the advice

And thanks for the warm welcome and tips for Strictly Attitude and Seamonkey :)

The vampire lips came out super. That is great work for the short time you have been airbrushing.

Hi Joe, welcome from Calgary. For someone that just started a few weeks ago, your work looks really good. I can't wait to see the stuff you will produce once you get confortable with the brush and more practice.

Welcome to the forum Joe! Judging by the vampire lips, you have outstanding attention to detail! Keep practicing the fundamentals and work on building your values slowly. All in all, fantasic work for a short period of time... Look forward to seeing more!

Welcome Gutted! Neo is a perfect airbrush. Practice, practice and more practice is what we need! :thumbup:

Gutted welcome to the forum! The neo was my first brush as well. I eventually bought the Eclipse which is even better in my opinion. You are off to one hell of a start for how long you have been at it. Just keep practicing the basics and the control will get better then there will be no stopping ya!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Back