My mixing of colors...well it ain’t brown

Joe T

Mac-Valve Maestro!
looking to do a wood grain thing and saw a post here where user mixed yellow, then a drop of red then a little drop of blue. He got brown..I get green. What did I do wrong? I’m using wicked primary colors and am now pulling my hair out. Even tried using com art and no go. Btw, the com art sprays petty easy. I took my mixed mess and practiced dagger strokes...lol

I’d like to find a iPad app that you could use to get color ratios etc.

Joe.......and now hairless

I’d like to find a iPad app that you could use to get color ratios etc.

Joe.......and now hairless

882254dd7963aedab338260bea28dbf8.jpg
hth

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Have you used this. Seems petty slick
Yup, it works fine, but bare in mind that you won’t see the same color in real life than on screen, but it narrows the search when you are starting like me!!!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Yes, it depends on what paints your using to how much of each colour you will need to use, Make your own colour wheel with your paints, that way you can work out what you will get with what paint you have.

Lee

Yes, it depends on what paints your using to how much of each colour you will need to use, Make your own colour wheel with your paints, that way you can work out what you will get with what paint you have.

Lee

Exactly as I have used the online color mixers but really the understanding of the color 'sphere' really really helped me. Mixing now is no big deal as I contemplate shades and tones rather than how to get one specific color (ex: oh that green looks like I need slightly more yellow). I am thinking the online color mixer is part of the learning process though considering I used to use that too. So excellent answer Lee and props for whom suggested to use the color mixer to begin with :)

Keep spraying friends!

Playing with the app is helping me understand the colors more. Mixing paint is helping more. I’ve started to make notes of how many drops of what makes what I want

Just the thread I needed. I downloaded that app on to my phone a couple minutes ago. Lovely.

Back