For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

my new dog's first big test

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Sunny Sunday afternoons attracts always loads of families and tourist's to the forest that also happens to be our only real off leash dog walking patch so what better way to test a 5 moths old pup than to expose him to strange dogs and kids so we took our dogs for a walk in that forest like every other day of the week and I wasnt disappointed there were indeed many families with kids walking and I was in luck when 2 families with 6 kids all together asked if they could pet my pup my answer : sure you can but the kids have to stay calm and gentle with him as he is only with me for about 5 days they agreed and before I knew it my pup was surrounded by little kids about 6 or 7 years old and the pup passed this test with flying colors : he stayed calm let the kids pet him as long as they wanted :)
    I admit I was just 2 feet away from him just in case it would go south and the parents did watch the kids like hawks so they would not hurt or tease the pup it was still a perfect first encounter with so many kids up close and all over him and even when he started to follow the kids as they followed their parents on their Sunday walk he only needed 1 call to return to us
    All in all I could not wish for a better result and it showed me that there is indeed a working dog in him

I had hoped that there would also be many strange dogs that only get that one day in the week off leash walk and dont know how to behave but that was sadly not the case so I have to wait for the second important test but I did see him go in all bulldog play mode with a 7 month old American bulldog and loved every second of it ( bulldog owners know how they like to play like wrestlers )
    JackEb, HellBird, basepaint and 2 others like this.
  2. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja

you always get me with those dog stories. I am a dog lover -.-
  3. Ronald art

thanks , this will make you smile a bit more : my wife is a diabetic and fainted this afternoon and dropped face down on the floor before I could grab her while she was still out cold I put her in a stable position and my pup started to lick her face till she woke up again
    She is fine now and it was not her diabetic acting up but a sudden drop in blood pressure that caused her to faint
    huskystafford likes this.
  4. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja

Glad to hear she is ok. I am a diabetic also. My husky which is no longer with me started to licking my feet as soon I had low blood sugar. I understand she didn't fell cause of low blood sugar. This usually stops when people go out of puberty.If they can't feel low blood sugar off course. I just feel low blood sugar and I eat something.
    As a side note, my american stafford didn't have a clue if I had low blood sugar. He was probably to ego-centric -.-

Few more months and I'll get dog also. I took a break from february, cause we had really hard time before he passed away. I needed a little brake so I can fill my batteries. I just can't be without a dog. Weird :)
    Ronald art likes this.
  5. Ronald art

I fully understand when I found the best dog ever back in 2005 he played a big part in my rehab after I hit rock bottom with a major burn out if he was on the leash he would step just a few inches away from me when I slipped into the wrong mood and kept watching me till I snapped out of it and when he was off the leash he would start to walk next to me as if he was told to heal and stayed with me till I was able to ban all bad thoughts from my head
    he passed away back in 2013 and I was gutted I have his face tattooed on my left leg right on the spot his had used to be when he was walking next to me and no matter how many dogs will follow he will always walk beside me in spirit
    JackEb and huskystafford like this.