My Olympos

J

jared

So I bought olympos micron.I have read micron truly shines with ATOMIZATION at very low pressures.I feel like it is no different.When pressure drops atomization SUFFERS just like the average brush.Best way I can describe my new micron is GRACEFUL!!! The brush sprays and lays lines in a graceful manner.Pressure drop spray gets grainy.After all that dreaming about a micron I sit here with one in my lap.I paid $150 shipped and in my opinion that's what they are worth.My opinion after buying one is $ 500-700 for an airbrush is WRONG and Olympos is doing the right thing. I don't support the Chinese but what I really dislike is companies that charge what they charge because they can.It's a beautiful brush but not worth $500 just my opinion.

What paint are you using, and at what reduction and pressure? And for that money is it new or used, and can you confirm that it is a genuine brush from a proper dealer?

If it is grainy then I would suggest that maybe you are not reducing the paint enough? You don't mention how low your low pressure is, but people can go down to 5psi and still not get grainy paint with the right reduction. I literally just got a micron (not the Olympos), the brush of my dreams,( I may have mentioned that once or twice over the last few days LOL) and so far, it has lived up to all my expectations and I couldn't be happier with it, so it's a shame to hear you are not happy with your dream brush. Have you checked the needle/nozzle etc for damage? They are shipped with the needle not pushed all the way forward, if that was not the case for you is it possible it may be damaged?

While I respect your opinion, which you have every right to have, I think it's a shame to say you dislike companies, without giving people the chance to help you find out what the problem is, or give the company a chance to resolve any issues first (you didn't mention contacting anyone about the problem, so I am making an assumption here - forgive me if I'm wrong). Hopefully it is something that the good people here can help you with, if you could give some more info. If not you should certainly be contacting the people you bought the brush from, it will be under guarantee, and they should send the brush back to be repaired or even replaced if necessary.

What paint are you using, and at what reduction and pressure? And for that money is it new or used, and can you confirm that it is a genuine brush from a proper dealer?

If it is grainy then I would suggest that maybe you are not reducing the paint enough? You don't mention how low your low pressure is, but people can go down to 5psi and still not get grainy paint with the right reduction. I literally just got a micron (not the Olympos), the brush of my dreams,( I may have mentioned that once or twice over the last few days LOL) and so far, it has lived up to all my expectations and I couldn't be happier with it, so it's a shame to hear you are not happy with your dream brush. Have you checked the needle/nozzle etc for damage? They are shipped with the needle not pushed all the way forward, if that was not the case for you is it possible it may be damaged?

While I respect your opinion, which you have every right to have, I think it's a shame to say you dislike companies, without giving people the chance to help you find out what the problem is, or give the company a chance to resolve any issues first (you didn't mention contacting anyone about the problem, so I am making an assumption here - forgive me if I'm wrong). Hopefully it is something that the good people here can help you with, if you could give some more info. If not you should certainly be contacting the people you bought the brush from, it will be under guarantee, and they should send the brush back to be repaired or even replaced if necessary.

What Squishy said about reductions is correct. For low PSI painting, your paint needs to be ultra thin. The higher the viscosity of the paint, the more pressure is required to pull it out the nozzle.
I have a CMC+ and a MP-200C, the performance is pretty much the same from both. Having purchased both, there is no way I would have paid $540 for the Iwata had I known about the Olympos.

I am using ETAC. Bought it direct from olympos.I love the brush but disagree with Iwata price.It's sweet believe me but not worth 500 IMO.It just still has that point where spray gets grainy

I would recommend anyone buy them!! They really are $158 shipped to usa - super fast.Sorry to anyone that just paid $600 OLYMPOS MICRON!!!!!!!!!!!

EFX I want to be clear I love this brush it is awesome. I don't even paint below 10 psi.If I contact OLYMPOS IT WILL BE FOR A THANK YOU!

It came in shipping box wrapped in bubble wrap, just airbrush no fancy red box.Japan to Mo in less than week with tracking!!!

Using distilled. Have not gotten into etac accessories would like to hear your use and review!

Offcaurse it is true about reducer, I even found the ideal color with the right viscoitet, offering an experience where the airbrush never stop, allway's spray like the same, with just that trigger allway's same spray pattern, also next day and a month later, with the only care to just wash out the color with clean water, even it don't matter if it dry as with that color it just need to be be washed, without taking it apart.
If you never tried the Chinese Ink you hand grind just before you use it, you havn't got that experience, or you are very good to airbrushes, but Chinese Ink are perfect for beginners to. It work every time and the same way every time, it is very much like light milk in consistance. That way it is also relaxing, as long there are ink you can just paint.
P.s. I don't talk about bottle Ink as that is proberly poison in the air, hand grined are realy just water and very fine coal. Also the small portion you can grind in the hollow stone must be used in one day, you can't produce a small bottle for later use, it will start to rot in a couple of day's, if you don'y know it it's worth trying.

Just need money! Got the Rendezvous next week at Coast. I'll be broke for a bit.
On a side note, I did put my .23mm Iwata needle in the MP-200C tonight and it works no problems. I should get some time this week to try the Iwata head assembly in the Olympos.

On a side note, I did put my .23mm Iwata needle in the MP-200C tonight and it works no problems. I should get some time this week to try the Iwata head assembly in the Olympos.
Nice! I kind of thought that would work. If so I may need to order spare head when I do order one. My Cmc head is a tad off.

Olympos head assembly cheaper than Iwata. Olympos sell 3 pack needle for micron for $50!!

Olympos head assembly cheaper than Iwata. Olympos sell 3 pack needle for micron for $50!!

My only problem with the Olympos needles is that they stick out so far from the nozzle and bend more easily.

Back