My Story

S

snufkin

Ok – this is my story but as I once introduced myself – and this one have a question mark at the end – I will post it here
September 2013 I started my 1 year trip with a friend in Africa. It was great and I was sure that 1 year is a lot of time to think what you want to be when you will be grown up. I was 31. I didn't manage. When I came back to Israel I really felt like being a gardener. Well it's better to have it as a hobby since in the winter you get paid less (the garden is less demanding) but it wasn't my only reason why not. I always say that knowing what you don't want to do with your life is one step ahead. I didn't want computers, hi-tech or something else that will force me to seat all day long and gaining weight on the way. I wanted something creative. To take nothing and transform it into something beautiful. To make things short – I decided on opening my on business and painting murals. On December I made a 2 days course. I learn how to hold the airbrush and control. I bought a compressor and iwata eclipse which now push my patience to the edge. I started to paint on my wall to make it like a reference or like a portfolio. It took me days to make it and it still not finished.. So every day I painted like a few hours and then went to work. I learn some excellent lessons. Ok it's too long. End of part 1.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 65
Good story Snufkin. We all should do what we want and not what society tells us.

If you every get a chance to do Larz Oschatz's (Laurus) class "Spraycan and Airbrush technique", then you should do it. It incorporates spraycans and airbrushing so that you work faster.

Good story Snufkin. We all should do what we want and not what society tells us.

If you every get a chance to do Larz Oschatz's (Laurus) class "Spraycan and Airbrush technique", then you should do it. It incorporates spraycans and airbrushing so that you work faster.

well If I was in the US i would have done even more but since I'm isolated from the heart of the airbrush scene I will teach myself everything (I guess), Thanks :)

Part II

I learnt some excellent lessons.

One of the lesson was the difference painting with stencil and without. My diver was stenciled and my mermaid wasn't (the resolution is not so good in the pic). He look more cut out and she more blurry and natural. Well at some point I quit cause I understood that I lack something really fundamental. You can see it in my turtle. I didn't know what I don't know but I knew there is something. I lost a huge amount of hours trying to build my own colors to save money ( one 2 oz bottle = 15 dollars – I can't paint on walls with it). I ended up wasting more time in the bathroom mixing acrylics + an airbrush medium which today I replaced with a reducer. I spend more cleaning after me. At some point I quit my job (Shmok Boss. Try to put Shmok in Google ). I tried to teach myself. I did dots and lines and everything. Digging more into it taught me how there is more to know! I don't know to paint from my head. I know nothing about light and shadow and texture. So I made a weekly plan. To see all he tutorials of airbrustutor, to paint a portrait, to paint a tree bark. It has texture and shadows,than , to paint my own portrait cause I will more critical about lined that are not in the right place than to build a scene for a children mural, to finish my own mural and then for a final project – to paint "Amor Vincit Omnia" by Caravaggio - . which is my favorite. If in Berlin – Don't skip this one. You see. It's not that simple because I became really ambitious and I suddenly I want a 0.2 needle (or less) airbrush. Like a kid that want to have all the store to himself I put myself to many goals which are irrelevant to painting murals. I am not organized, I try to aim to a lot of direction and doing so you can't hit anything. I'm frustrated a bit. My "100 and more dollars airbrush" making some troubles when it should work like Swish clock. I don't have any opaque since I reduce them all so they will be airbrush friendly (they are usual acrylics) and just for example on 4 bottles of 2$ airbrush paint I need to pay 50 dollar shipment (it's more than 1 lbs) .
Does anyone got some wisdom for me? I attach some of my airbrush work and just as a ref – some oil painting I did a few years ago.
By the way - do u see the portrait ? well I couldn't bare in mind that I have 40 min in the bus and nothing to do so I print it and draw it in the bus. It supposed to be Brad Pitt but even though it doesn't resemble so much. its my favorite portrait (worldwide) because of the expression and because like a child. it's mine.
Ah and by the way. I'm Pini

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 34
well If I was in the US i would have done even more but since I'm isolated from the heart of the airbrush scene I will teach myself everything (I guess), Thanks :)

He is actually in Germany.

Basically what he does is use graffiti cans (Molotow) and paint the big areas and just stop short of the edges. He then sprays the paint into his airbrush and continues with the detail. YOu need to work very fast as the paint dries very quick in the airbrush. He cleans with acetone. And seeing that the Molotow range has over 250 colours, he never mixes a colour.

Laurus | Professionelle Wand- und Objektgestaltung

Snufkin , i like your story . You have perseverance ( keep working at it ) . I am not a professional painter , i am however an artist .
My art teacher had a motto ; cant is not an excuse , its a cop out . Good motto to keep you trying .
What i can tell you is this . Art os the perfection of technique that works best for you . Practice as many as you can until you are happy with the results . Your basic foundation is good but needing practice . What you learn by doing is valuble knowledge that may be used later .
Continue on your path and you will get there

Iwata eclipse , H&S infinity . Devilbliss SRI PRO detail .

thanks all
I'm sure there is an happy ending to this one
after all...
I am a Spider Splatterer! :)
(well I hope no one take it seriously :))

Hey snufkin, I don't believe in growing up. You have to get older, but growing up is optional.

The minute you start growing up is the moment you stop having fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

This is true. When I was 13 I promised myself not to wear long pants in summer like grown up do. I kept this promise regardless dress code at work ;) I also denied myself from coffe and some other staff that mark you as a grown up ( excluding sex) ;)
I'm 32 and 1 day

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back