my white is pi&&)#& me off.....

B

boneman65

If i reduce i sag and spider if i spray out thre bottle i tip dry......just sayin.....its taking the fun out of it..... any advice from the oldtimers??

im going to get some trans white maybe thats me problem.......i really just want to finish ....i am my worst critic!!!

Which brand of white are you using?
What airbrush (Nozzle/Needle size)
what air pressure.
White no matter who makes it will have some form of tip dry. I have had tip dry with urethane and waterbase.
Main thing is follow the recommended reduction of the paint to start out.
Wicked calls for 1 part(drop) paint to 3 parts(drops) W100 or W500 to start out .
That is suggested for a .35 set up at 30 to 35 PSI. So the more reduced the paint the lower air pressure you want.
Hope this helps

Everything mr.micron said :). paint is a tad personal, but for me the white that gives me the least problems is createx illustration white.

Also transparant white is eeeh well.. transparant so if you want something white that won't work.

If i reduce i sag and spider if i spray out thre bottle i tip dry......just sayin.....its taking the fun out of it..... any advice from the oldtimers??
im going to get some trans white maybe thats me problem.......i really just want to finish ....i am my worst critic!!!

White is the problem period, lol, no matter what you do with and no matter what brand it is it was designed to depress and agitate you, it's the worst colour ever for tip dry, I avoid it altogether, if I ever have to use at all I blast it through a fire hose preferably at someone I don't like because that's the only time the I find the result pleasing, lol

I try to avoid the need of by either scratching or erasing back to a white substrate and only use very tiny amounts for emphasis or for mixing with other colours, transparent will work better but the best you can expect is that it takes twice as long for your tip dry to raise it's ugly little head.

I use Wicked opaque white, and find it pretty good (black is worse I think) I add a couple of drops more of reducer, lower the pressure a bit to compensate, and make more passes, and then tip dry is negligable.

any advice from the oldtimers??

Nearly old enough to consider myself that but for a few years at least- I'll be a nearlyoldtimer :) and the advice is-Buy a different paint ;) LOL

I just don't have issues at all with white like many do, ave sprayed with various brands and some have been a nightmare but found out that was more my methods at the time..I heavily reduce my whites like many here probably do but my gun of choice is a siphon feed so I really blast out the paint but over the years have learnt to control that aspect but in that method white becomes little issue cause my siphon is like a fire hydrant LOL but yer white just doesn't worry me or most who spray at higher pressures, its generally in the low area of pressure it becomes more of an issue, I do like etac and spectra tex but my main white i used to like was from an aussie paint company called Airbrushfocus and even some home made ones have done quite well for me.

Another tip on tip dry is not too stop too much, many painters stop too often, if you can learn to paint with nice continuous flow you dont give the paint too much time to dry in between strokes which ultimately cause most tip dry, just keep painting and when you feel the guns getting cloggy, point away and give it a full blast then back to painting, and when you do come up for air-A good tip pick and your ready to go again..Its always present to some degree with any paint but its easy for it not to be an issue, its just a case of finding your happy combination of airbrush, reduction, pressure and paint or really learning the combo you have now and experiment heavily, lots of tip dry and reducing ideas and concoctions around, perhaps try some out and see if they help-Good luck..

For some reason, I always have to have a beer before I reach for my white...

thanks for all the answers....i forgot i posted this but i been experimenting like i should and found thats its a combination lock lol....pressure, control, reduction,....and if i drank alcohol all the fore mentioned....i am now using a HP-C plus (love it) createx (harder for me ) and Comart (eaiser) so...i think what you all said was figure out the lock and spray till it works for me...oh ande i been trying to keep pressure down cause im slow....lol....in more ways thaan one...again thanks

thanks for all the answers....i forgot i posted this but i been experimenting like i should and found thats its a combination lock lol....pressure, control, reduction,....and if i drank alcohol all the fore mentioned....i am now using a HP-C plus (love it) createx (harder for me ) and Comart (eaiser) so...i think what you all said was figure out the lock and spray till it works for me...oh ande i been trying to keep pressure down cause im slow....lol....in more ways thaan one...again thanks
Okay your not slow you are just speed impaired is all. But speed comes with practice so it will come before you realize it:D

Back