My year old CI.

RichardH

Detail Decepticon!
I thought I would try a new bottle of Createx Illustrated black and see if there was a difference from the old 1 1/2 year old bottle.
BIG DIFFERENCE.
I couldn't believe the difference I got. Smooth flow.
I think it is time to renew most of the colors I use and just dump the old out.

Richard

I like CI on Yupo paper. Just ordered some TerraSlate paper and giving it a try. That is what Greg is using on the bear he's working on and it looks like it takes the paint good.
The new bottle of black went on smooth on a sheet of Yupo with a mix of 1 paint, 5 base and 50 4012. Very weak color and good to use to build up with. The air was at 12 psi with no spidering. Any thing above that would start spidering. I did tip clean a lot during the test or it would start spitting a little.

Good info Richard. I had the same mixture in my g48 but someone said it sounded like to much reducer. It did flow well out of my brush.

Good info Richard. I had the same mixture in my g48 but someone said it sounded like to much reducer. It did flow well out of my brush.
That wouldn't be but a 8 to 1 ratio. Maybe a little too much but it did flow great with very light passes. Since I am still very limited in my knowledge of mixing paint, I'll try anything that others say work. lollol

I just sprayed some straight after not running anything since winter. Gotta love CI. It's been the best stuff I've found so far, so that's what I stick with

I think each brand has their pros and cons. Who knows, they all might be made in the same factory. :confused:

I reduced wicked "not detail" jet black 25 to 1 and painted my cameron diaz and an eagle with it. It was on paper though so i didnt get any spidering and it took ages to build the darks up but it worked.

Back