Nèwguy

H

Handofdoom

Hey all..I've got a rather long story..but I'll try an keep it short and simple..I was one of those guys who started drawing everything and anything..self taught. .trial and error kinda thing with a dash of experimention since I was I little kid. (Long time ago)..I was an orphan..so art was my thing..but ...when I was in my early 20's I got into a rather bad fight with a sharp axe and another guy..ended up severing my right hand off..was in surgery for over 12 hrs straight while they tried to save my life..well the doc..managed to reattach my hand and obviously save my life .. (severe red my main artery )..I actually was supposed to be dead because I had lost pretty much all my blood ..anyway..I was born right handed..so after physiotherapy and all that fun stuff..I learned how to become a "lefty"..which by the way is no easy task..go ahead try to even spell your name with your wrong hand.. (excluding amindextorous peeps)..so..I refused to be called a handicapped. .I am a Millwright. .and I Re -taught myself how to draw with my left hand..use tools ..just little things like a can opener or shoelaces are still a task.. (as I have no nerves in my hand..can't feel nothing)..it's good for one thing.tho..the ones with dirty minds out there will figure that one out ..ha..sorry for such a long story. .but what I'm trying to say is ..for all you beginners ..myself included. .don't be discouraged when you first start airbrushing..just practice. .watch.listen and learn from others whom have mastered it..I have only been doin it since Dec. Of this past year. .I tried an experiment today. I went out and bought the excrementtiest ..cheapest airbrush I could find. 15 bucks..1 tip and 1 bottle and a hose that was like a piece of spaghetti that was left out all winter like my garden hose currently is....I did this painting in less than fifteen mins ..I know it's not going up on the ceiling of the cistean chapel anytime soon ..(apparently it's not downloading here either)...oops....Ah...eventually I'll get it ..(this site is confusing to me as I'm not really from the computer era..for a while there I thought a "megabyte "was some new cheeseburger from McDonald's. .thinkin I've babbled on enough. .glad I found this site..everyone is cool..respectful..and encouraging. .something ya don't find much these days...hence the reason I told my story..if your new to art..airbrushing ..or fingerprinting. .don't get discouraged just because you can't do super fine details or whatever...just keep practicing. It will come....now I'm gonna try to figure out how to post some of my work..from the beginning till the one I just did tonite..BTW. if your wondering why I have a few up somewhere..on the" new to AiR brushing "forum..well my G/f..did it for me..I'm still trying. .Peace

Hey good effort!! Post a few more times and you should be able top upload! Always good to hear peoples stories. Welcome from New Zealand

welcome from Australia.
you're off and running on an incredible creative journey. enjoy :)

Welcome home, nice to have you here and look forward to seeing you work .

Back