Nazgul Video

Magnificent! It shows the fine quality of HOK. Unsurpassed stuff. This is one of the best videos around on fine detail spraying. It just can not be done with water-based or waterborne paints. The Micron and HOK are the perfect combination.

Last edited:
I am at times surprised at how little attention and views some threads receive. It is not related to the excellent quality of the work posted in this case. I am aware of the fact that most in this forum work with water-based paints, but it worth your while to take a look at the videos offered in this link to see what you can really do with an airbrush. The really exciting part starts in the second video where the ultra fine detail spraying of HOK with a Micron is shown. It is not just a showcase of this member's skill, but also a very good tutorial for those using uros and those who found they got stuck using water-based.

Lol, thanks Ignis.
I can get the same detail with the water base paints but with this project i prefer to work with the Hok kandy's.
It is an lot faster and i always have great results with it.

Lol, thanks Ignis.
I can get the same detail with the water base paints but with this project i prefer to work with the Hok kandy's.

Hard to beat HOK Kandies .. Good video but need more sound...:D But it was enjoyable to see the process you too on how you painted it . Thanks for taking the time to share...

Guys, I picked the same thing, vid 2 at around six minutes... on a dark desert highway ;) that detail is amazing and only barely needed to pick the tip.... I've never used urethanes but have heard they are far superior for detail/tip dry. That is some awesome work Lion-Art!!!

There is an piece in it with sound i forgot to put it of, the only sound that was there is the airbrush an the radio.
I just made i for fun to show how i do my art work.
Next time i will let the sound on :)

There is an piece in it with sound i forgot to put it of, the only sound that was there is the airbrush an the radio.
I just made i for fun to show how i do my art work.
Next time i will let the sound on :)
As long as you do not dance like the monkey man Josh ,,,It is good bro...
Just made me think something was wrong with me soundcard....LOL

Personally I've always had a very hard time matching the quality of art work that uros allow to create with water-based and waterbone paints. Uros allow to spray finer lines that look more crispy and have far better coverage. Also they allow better control over the intensity of color. The only downside to them is that the human body does not react as well to those paints as art work does, lol... It is why I am highly interested in the Shimrim II line that HOK recently started to produce. I've read in one place that they can be used outside the cabin due to their low VOC (2.8). Even if security measures remain necessary the reduction of vocs is an improvement in any respect.

As long as you do not dance like the monkey man Josh ,,,It is good bro...
Just made me think something was wrong with me soundcard....LOL

What's wrong with my dancing, herb!! I get down and boogie woogy!!! Lmao!!

LIONART, those are some cool vids buddy! I have yet to use HoK and want to so bad!! They looks awesome!!

Josh

What's wrong with my dancing, herb!! I get down and boogie woogy!!! Lmao!!

LIONART, those are some cool vids buddy! I have yet to use HoK and want to so bad!! They looks awesome!!

Josh
Josh Nothing wrong with your dancing but one dancer in the house is enough....LOL

HOK is great stuff and yes I love it over anything else I have painted with.
Still get some tip dry on the HoK white but that is just white .......
You should really try it But not something you can use in the house...

Josh Nothing wrong with your dancing but one dancer in the house is enough....LOL

HOK is great stuff and yes I love it over anything else I have painted with.
Still get some tip dry on the HoK white but that is just white .......
You should really try it But not something you can use in the house...

Mr.Micron I agree HOK is the best paint I have used by far. I way over reduce my white to get almost no tip dry... "almost". I have used every Createx product and Auto Air is pretty good, but it is a whole new ball game with HOK!! Josh you should give this paint a try. The colors are really vibrant and the sparkle in the pearls are awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, thanks Ignis.

Lion Art that came out really nice. Like I already said in this thread HOK is what I prefer to use. I love how it flows through my Airbrush, and the quality of the paint is the best I have used. I still use water base on occasions but I prefer my HOK paints. Thanks for sharing. Awesome job!

Back