Need a new AB.

S

Snoochies

Had a cheap Iwata Neo that has broken. Not heartbroken, just explained to the wife it was a cheap chinese made thing so now need to upgrade.

For $200 to $250 what would you suggest? Even cheaper would be great :)

Iwata eclipse every time Snoochies, but it depends what you want from it as a krome you can get great detail which I think is in your price bracket but an eclipse you can get the best of both worlds good detail but good for coverage for larger areas too,

Darren

Thanks I'll check it out. I'm still fairly new but am doing a cars bedroom mural so fairly large pieces at the moment.

dont forget you get the ultra fine (0.21) and the fine ( 0.33 i think) witht he krome so you do get decent coverage with that aswell.... as good as any other unless you are looking at brushes really intended for mural stuff say with a 0.7 setup..... krome will run you about $110 at tcgraphics and paint in chicago

Badger Renegade Krome RK1 Airbrush

If you want something inexpensive, rugged, with a wide range of coverage patterns, you might want to consider the Badger 175 Crescendo. It's bottom fed, which is probably a better choice for murals. Parts are cheap and it will last forever. You could get the set with fine, medium, and heavy nozzles for less than $100. You could see my review of it here.

Don

Thanks for the info. As I'm in a hurry as I have a baby on the way and I have to get this room done for my boy asap I need to buy locally.

I have found a few Iwata Eclipes but unsure the difference between a few.

HP-CS 0.35mm - $198
HP-SBS 0.35mm - $256

That's just on ebay. Will look around further today.

What do the above mean?

Thanks Fez,...I didn't realize the Krome was so affordable.. that may be my next purchase. I have a Patriot from Amazon arriving tomorrow with the medium conversion set.

Just looked on airbushmegastore.com. Have bought my paint through them and they have very quick delivery and they have the Eclipse that seem cheaper. Now which one?

Airbrush Australia, Airbrush Megastore, Auto-Air Colors, Createx Colors, Wicked Colors, Australian Importer

What about a HP-CH.3mm?

More expensive but still within the budget?

The eclipse will be more forgiving with various paints. The HP-CH is a great brush but is more aimed at finer work. I have both, do yourself a favor and get the eclipse for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks will do.

What is the difference between a HP-CS and HP-SBS?

Thanks Fez,...I didn't realize the Krome was so affordable.. that may be my next purchase. I have a Patriot from Amazon arriving tomorrow with the medium conversion set.

The Krome is a great detail brush. As I always say, it's the best bang for the buck on the market in my opinion.

Cool, thanks for your input everyone.

I bought the Iwata HP-CS for $140 which is cheaper than ebay. Whilst scrolling through the website I noticed they even sold parts for my cheap neo so I also ordered the piece that broke but my wife doesn't need to know it is fixable. Shhhhh

So will have 2 airbrushes, a good one and I guess one for whatever other reason I may have.

Back