Need Advice

T

Taylor22

Hi. :)

Im looking for a suitable airbrush and compressor for painting doll faces (Blythe to be exact) and regular painting.

I heard gravity flow, double action airbrushes are the best for precision right? But I have totally no idea of what compressor I should use... :/

Anyway, any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Read somewhere Master is cruddy. My price range is middle-ish.

Attachments

• 5678159670_1370c17ff2.jpg
    5678159670_1370c17ff2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 5266648312_ebdd138693.jpg
    5266648312_ebdd138693.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 4895253127_87989cdb17.jpg
    4895253127_87989cdb17.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Taylor. Welcome to the forum. Depending on how much painting you'd like to do, there are a myriad of possibilities. You can check out Coast Airbrush or any decent airbrush supplier online and you'll see a huge range. Just about any of them will work for you, if you're only going to be painting once in while. If you think this might turn into a pretty regular hobby, then you might want to get something with a surplus tank which will just keep the compressor from running so much and extending the life of the motor. I ran for months on just simple 2 gallon cheapy compressors from Lowes and Home Depot, but I started brushing a lot and had to move up to a larger tank since I was working those little things to hard and they kept falling apart. There are a few manufacturers that make "silent" compressors, if noise is going to be an issue, but if noise isn't an issue, then just about any compressor should work for simple projects. Just make sure it has an air flow regulator so you can adjust the working pressure, and you'll want a moisture trap in the line somewhere.

Hi Taylor. Welcome to the forum. Depending on how much painting you'd like to do, there are a myriad of possibilities. You can check out Coast Airbrush or any decent airbrush supplier online and you'll see a huge range. Just about any of them will work for you, if you're only going to be painting once in while. If you think this might turn into a pretty regular hobby, then you might want to get something with a surplus tank which will just keep the compressor from running so much and extending the life of the motor. I ran for months on just simple 2 gallon cheapy compressors from Lowes and Home Depot, but I started brushing a lot and had to move up to a larger tank since I was working those little things to hard and they kept falling apart. There are a few manufacturers that make "silent" compressors, if noise is going to be an issue, but if noise isn't an issue, then just about any compressor should work for simple projects. Just make sure it has an air flow regulator so you can adjust the working pressure, and you'll want a moisture trap in the line somewhere.

Thank you so much for your reply! :D I guess I'll be getting one pretty soon then. I really appreciate it!

Taylor
If I may ask what country do you live in? The reason I ask is because it helps everyone offering you help to also offer guidance to where to go to buy your equipment.
As far as a well rounded work horse of an air brush Iwata Eclipse CS , Or a Badger Renegade Velocity are both great and affordable airbrushes.
Also what type of paint do you plan on using?

Back