Need color help, house of kolor.

John742

Double Actioner
Well I'm trying to do this hulk IMG_20160909_132345.jpg
I need to order some house of kolor Kandys for the color. But I really need your guys expertise, I want the hulks pants to be orange, like a Kawasaki orange. The closest kandy I found is tangerine Kandy http://www.tcpglobal.com/HOK_KK08SG100-4Z.html#.V-V4_UROnqB
I think I need a brighter orange can anyone help? Also I need the green for the hulk but again can't find a color matching Kandy green... The bike tank is the same color as in the pic so I really need that dark hulk green.
Thanks for your help in advance and putting up with my novice knowledge. o_O

You have to remember that candies start off light and get darker the more you put on eventually going almost black. So you could get a similar colour and use the candy to get the correct shade. I hope I have interprited your question correctly.

Lee

You have to remember that candies start off light and get darker the more you put on eventually going almost black. So you could get a similar colour and use the candy to get the correct shade. I hope I have interprited your question correctly.

Lee
Yes but even with the, let's say house of kolor Kandy organic green I don't know if it will be dark enough green even after going dark with it. And that organic Kandy green is pretty much the only kandy green they have.

I don't use HOK, but aren't they mixable? Could you not at some yellow to brighten the orange and maybe a little blue to the green for example.
They are mixable but I don't know sh*t about mixing colors yet lol but I'm definitely going to try that and see what happens

The base color can also affect the end color when dealing with candies , You can use a mid orange base then layer the candy over top to get it richer and deeper . same with the green . Yes HOK only makes the one green But over a gold base it looks awesome LOL.
But it is not so much mixing candy colors to get the color it is layering them to make them show the color you are after. But their are manyway to get the look you want it just take testing different ways on a test panel to see which work best for you.

Oh and you can also get a small kit like this http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Primary_Kit_A
which comes with this
KK04 Oriental Blue Kandy 1 oz
KK07 Root Beer Kandy 1 oz
KK08 Tangerine Kandy 1 oz
KK09 Organic Green Kandy 1 oz
KK13 Burple Kandy 1 oz
KK22 Violette Kandy 1 oz
KK18 Pink Kandy 1 oz
BC25 Black 4 oz
BC26 White 4 oz
SG102 Chrome Yellow 4 oz
SG104 Euro Red 4 oz
SG108 So. Blue 4 oz
PBC42 Platinum Pearl 4 oz
SG100 Intercoat Clear 4 oz
DP38 Blue Green Dry Pearl 1/2 oz
DP39 Lavender Dry Pearl 1/2 oz
DR01 White Sparkle Dry Pearl 1/2 oz
RU311 Reducer quart
7ea, 1oz Mixing Bottles
1ea, 4oz Yorker Mixing Bottle

The base color can also affect the end color when dealing with candies , You can use a mid orange base then layer the candy over top to get it richer and deeper . same with the green . Yes HOK only makes the one green But over a gold base it looks awesome LOL.
But it is not so much mixing candy colors to get the color it is layering them to make them show the color you are after. But their are manyway to get the look you want it just take testing different ways on a test panel to see which work best for you.
Awesome thanks, yea I just tested the organic green Kandy and it will work for the hulk green, it gets pretty dark. Now if I laid it over a gold metallic base as you suggested would it brighten it up or darken it? Cause I don't want it any brighter as far as the green goes, a little darker would be fine but it's pretty good as is. Just got to figure out my orange now.

Yes but even with the, let's say house of kolor Kandy organic green I don't know if it will be dark enough green even after going dark with it. And that organic Kandy green is pretty much the only kandy green they have.
The candy will go as dark as you want to almost black as its a true transparent colour you just lay more and more coats until you get the desired shade so you will be able to go much darker than the stock colour. it should be the same for the orange candy. If you look at the candy n the bottle it's hard to distinguish the colours as they all look black through the bottle.

Lee

Back