For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Need help disassembling Paasche AB turbo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting!' started by revrurik, Apr 11, 2019.

1. revrurik

revrurik Young Tutorling

Someone gave me a Paasche AB Turbo airbrush over the weekend. After looking at parts breakdowns and YouTube videos, I started taking it apart. However, I can't get the top & bottom shaft bearings (the screws under the top & bottom of the turbo cylinder) out or even loose. I'm afraid of stripping the screws by using too much force.

Does anyone know of a technique, solvent or solution that would help loosen these? Turbo_Top.jpg Turbo_Bottom.jpg
  2. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

3. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I guess you could always grind yourself a custom ish straight flute style extractor on the back end of a little drill bit.
    Or just get a small left hand drill bit.set, it would likely grab it and unscrew it.

A long soak in vinegar may take away any corrosion that's caused them to seize.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    J000seph likes this.
  4. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

they don't look broken to me. There are cover screws in both the cover and bottom that hide these bearing screws. BUT, if they were previously over-tightened, they may be jammed. Once jammed, they can be a b!t(h to get out. They can be purchased from Paasche, so do whatever you have to to get them out - an extractor sounds like the best idea.
    J000seph and Robbyrockett2 like this.
  5. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

Hey there, you've got a couple of things to start you out... now how about an intro... :) Welcome dragon.jpg
  6. KorbenD

KorbenD Young Tutorling

Use a 2.5mm flat head screwdriver to remove them, I have one from Snap-On that's a perfect fit. The screwdriver included with the AB has a handle too small to get any leverage.