Need help disassembling Paasche AB turbo

R

revrurik

Someone gave me a Paasche AB Turbo airbrush over the weekend. After looking at parts breakdowns and YouTube videos, I started taking it apart. However, I can't get the top & bottom shaft bearings (the screws under the top & bottom of the turbo cylinder) out or even loose. I'm afraid of stripping the screws by using too much force.

Does anyone know of a technique, solvent or solution that would help loosen these? Turbo_Top.jpg Turbo_Bottom.jpg

I guess you could always grind yourself a custom ish straight flute style extractor on the back end of a little drill bit.
Or just get a small left hand drill bit.set, it would likely grab it and unscrew it.

A long soak in vinegar may take away any corrosion that's caused them to seize.

Last edited:
they don't look broken to me. There are cover screws in both the cover and bottom that hide these bearing screws. BUT, if they were previously over-tightened, they may be jammed. Once jammed, they can be a b!t(h to get out. They can be purchased from Paasche, so do whatever you have to to get them out - an extractor sounds like the best idea.

Hey there, you've got a couple of things to start you out... now how about an intro... :)Welcome dragon.jpg

Use a 2.5mm flat head screwdriver to remove them, I have one from Snap-On that's a perfect fit. The screwdriver included with the AB has a handle too small to get any leverage.

Back