Need help finding a way to airbrush this on wooden table top

A

adamwolf

Hello everyone,

I am Adam and I am originally from canada I recently moved to berlin with my german wife. I am a furniture maker and I have a design in mind that i want to paint, I am not sure how it was originally painted but here it is, this is from tozando kendo and martial arts supply, i practice kendo and i found it in their available colors for the body protector, I have a table project with rounded edge and i was wondering if it's possible to imitate this design on top? at first i thought it is Urushi lacquer but when i checked the price and material it cannot be urushi lacquer. I have a double action airbrush and was wondering if there is a way to imitate this design on wood after sanding and sealing of course? any ideas of where to start and what colors/steps to produce it?

thank you guys,

Adam akachou.jpg

I haven’t watched those videos but I suspect they be using urethanes, you’d find it a little more challenging with water based paint

I haven’t watched those videos but I suspect they be using urethanes, you’d find it a little more challenging with water based paint
The first video is with Mr.Color paints.

edit:
MR.PAINT is an acrylic colour designed for spraying with your airbrush. The colour is pre-thinned in preparation for immediate use. In case of further need, we recommend thinning the colour with our own MR. Thinner. The MR.Thinner can also clean your airbrush after use.

Last edited:
The first video is with Mr.Color paints.

edit:
MR.PAINT is an acrylic colour designed for spraying with your airbrush. The colour is pre-thinned in preparation for immediate use. In case of further need, we recommend thinning the colour with our own MR. Thinner. The MR.Thinner can also clean your airbrush after use.
Cool, now I don’t have to watch the video :D

Cool, now I don’t have to watch the video :D
Yea, I noticed you don't won't to click on links lol
Here is some small ice cream for you, I bet you wouldn't be lazy for some ice cream :p
9T4oXarrc.jpg

erm… … … … No !

apologies Adam, Husky and I have a long distance love / hate relationship going on lol

FYI. Hijacking of threads means you're now officially one of 'us' - -
I was thinking about you today a lot...doing gargoyle. :laugh:

could be worse, you could have been cleaning your kitchen knives when thoughts of me popped into your head lol
Nah I'm glad you made me do it. It's pain in the .... but I am learning a lot. And I wish I would have some more precise airbrush -.-

Was doing arms today, was hoping to do both of them, no way, this is going so slowly, cause I suck. Printed arm is darker then my airbrush :(

WP_20190618_001.jpg

Head is hidden behind the mask :p

Adam here is something as a way to apologize to you, cause we blabber a lot :)
part 1 & 2, just for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lol

LOL you guys are too funny , please don’t stop it made my day reading your posts

At least you saw the funny side :confused:
and FYI we don't need any encouragement to hijack threads, we try really, really, hard to keep to topic, well I do, Husky has the attention span of a goldfish o_O

I look at it this way, we've been a forum of learning and laughter from the beginning, the only thing we take seriously around here are our airbrushes and what they can produce, we try and provide first hand knowledge and guidance for those that need or request it, and against all odds we have survived where other 'no smiles allowed and please bring your ego' forums have gone the way of the Dinosaur.... Maybe that's why we have Dragons and not Dinosaurs !!??
Once you have a resolution to your question don't disappear, hang around .. … … we enjoy the company :thumbsup:

Awesome husky!
Id suggest blood red candy2o and maaybe some dry pearl in your silver.
Maybe skip the white step, cant see your reference well enough...
Its probably a good candidate for nitrocellulose clear too.
Went over my colors collection and I found 0352 Wicked Platinum. Looks kinda interesting. In real life looks better then on this video.

Back