need new air any oppinions

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
wel the badger air compressor tc-910 is on its way out its the bearings i avent looked at it yet but i have years experiance re building industrial machenery and can probably re build the motor myself if i can get the bearings . i don't want to send it in and have down time . one idea is if i move to a new room im looking into i can probably get a home depo compressor that goes up to 100 psi ang hook up the 5 gallon tank i have to it so i have 10 gallons of 100 psi air that should last quite a while at 5 to 20 psi but it will be noisy ive been looking at the ca airtool one the tank with the double banger but i dont want to invest 200 dollars on another compressor il have to replace in a year i think the 5 gallon compressor will be the best idea il check with my new roomate when i get there perhaps il get the home depot compressorand send in just the compressor itself w out the tank to badger along with that 150 ken told me to send in

Many I have talked to recommend the Cal air /GMC compressors. They are made well, quiet, and just work. I have an Eastwood co compressor, with the name "Fengda" on the handle, a Chinese company that mass produces stuff like this for rebranding. I will go with the Cal air/GMC when it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My cal air 2HP 10ga shipped and will hopefully get there by the weekend...

if its the grey cylindrical one im thinking about i agree looks like a nice machine i can send in the tc910 when i get a replace ment but the bearings sound real bad i am thinking of ordering the bearings from badger just in case

My 2HP CA airtools came. It's not, um, quiet, but it's not SUPER load either. It's enough to make you jump when it cycles on though.

I've not had a ton of experience with these kinds of devices, I am quite curious to know if it is normal for the bleed off valve (I think, I've not actually looked ) to flare off when at the end of an intake cycle ? In other words, the tank fills, it decides it's full, and bleeds off a bit at the end of a fill ?

Sounds ignorant, and it is kinda, but then again I'm dealing with 120+ PSI in a steel container, which is unnerving.

(Also, DO yourself a favor and wrap all of your connections in teflon tape....)

Yes most unloader valves will bleed at the end of a cycle, so the compressor doesn't start under load, prolonging compressor life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

airbrushingferret
i have years experiance re building industrial machenery and can probably re build the motor myself

Maybe with your experience a project to build your own setup using a refrigerator compressor would be fun, I know you can find information to do just that on the web. Here is mine :)

IMG-20130203-00132.jpg

airbrushingferret

Maybe with your experience a project to build your own setup using a refrigerator compressor would be fun, I know you can find information to do just that on the web. Here is mine :)

View attachment 15471

I have one as well. I have not used it much, but it is very quiet. Mine is a dual compressor set up with a 4.5 gal tank. I left it in the garage a=because of it's size , but may set it up this weekend, it's better higher pressures than my small compressor.

airbrushingferret

View attachment 15471

You could actually take this one apart and re-build it just as you did, and explain all the parts you used and what they do, and how to arrange them, and that would save our friendly Wiesel person getting lost on the cyber maze, and me too and everyone else for that matter, if you did that everybody here would believe you were a true love spreading ultimate friend of the orange airbrush forum (OAF), this would automatically protect you from malicious jacking of your future threads, and your street cred would be multiplied by 100's, you would even become nearly (but not quite) as important as the FEZ, lol

You could actually take this one apart and re-build it just as you did, and explain all the parts you used and what they do, and how to arrange them, and that would save our friendly Wiesel person getting lost on the cyber maze, and me too and everyone else for that matter, if you did that everybody here would believe you were a true love spreading ultimate friend of the orange airbrush forum (OAF), this would automatically protect you from malicious jacking of your future threads, and your street cred would be multiplied by 100's, you would even become nearly (but not quite) as important as the FEZ, lol

I guess I could... if it wasn't my only compressor at the moment... Oh look! wmlepage has just posted a link (phew!) :)

Last edited:
I guess I could... if it wasn't my only compressor at the moment... Oh look! wmlepage has just posted a link (phew!) :)

LOL, Nice one, and like me, your computer obviously doubles up as a breakfast table, ha ha ha.

I have most of the parts including a tank, now I just have to convince my wife our fridge has had it, lol

LOL, Nice one, and like me, your computer obviously doubles up as a breakfast table, ha ha ha.

I have most of the parts including a tank, now I just have to convince my wife our fridge has had it, lol

LOL, I'm with the reverse problem, my wife's bugging me because the fridge is on it's way out, and even if it would be fun to make an other compressor, I don't have the money for an other fridge and for all the parts to make an other compressor.

wow this is another thread i started and havent paid much attention to sorry about that as it turns out i called badger and there sending me replacement bearings free of charge i guess being the compreesor isnt even a year old and at the beginning of the thread i was prety set on getting the ca air tool .but if im going to rebuild mine for free il do that instead that refrigerator compressor would be nice . i dont think you have to replace your fridge to do it just get the parts from a junk yard im guessing its nothing more thain a tank compressor pressure shut off some bits of plumbing and a water oil trap. and when you think of it it makes sence being you dont even hear refrigerators running especially when they wear sneakers lol

i have to say its been especially nice lately to airbrush with guns and paint that actually work it wold be a real gem to be able to airbrush with out a super anoying now extremly loud and obnoxious air compressor going on all the rime i am thinking of getting a full size air hose and putting this one with a fan on it in the other room and mount the regulator next to mewhere im working i miss the boat yard i worked at they had a super huge compressor and tank i could av filled t with 120 psi and just shut the damn thing off for the night lol

Back