Need some help to make a compressor a bit quieter

Ok after she got done i painted for about 2 hours. No sign of water.
The couple that brush together.....
Crush together?
Mush?
Lush?
Gush?
Rush?
Can't think of a good one...lol
Its awesome you both do it..my wife said she wants me to show her how to use mine sometime

the tank is at 80 psi but the air coming out is at 18psi, using the regulator is choking down the psi to 18psi.
I added a tank to my fridge compressor, and if you build it with quick connects you can still use it as a vacuum pump, either way you need a few parts to allow the compressor to shut off and not build enough psi until it explodes. I have a list of parts required if you want them shoot me a PM.

You can do what malky said and use your tank you have now and reuse all the parts but put your fridge compressor onto it.
Sorry it's been a month, but had other things to think about..
Is the offer still there for the list of parts required? I've tried to PM you but can't find the message part on your profile or anywhere :)

@Lt4-396 you are being summoned.
You’ve been MIA too, what’s going on here lately, everyone got busy all of a sudden. Hopefully not dealing with Mother Nature again/still

Is the intake muffler on it? Almost all the noise from compressors come from the intake.
This is as hillbilly as it gets but....
Easiest thing to do from junk you might have around the house is to attach about 3ft of rubber hose to the intake,then depending on how stiff your hose is and if it still has to be quieter than you can zip tie a drier sheet around the hose end and stick the end in a box stuffed with just about anything; insulation or a pile of rags.
Somebody goofing off in the shop broke the muffler/filter on our 80 gallon and holy smokes was it loud. This was the temporary solution until our new muffler/filter came in.

I put a phosphor bronze granule filter on the intake of my compressor, and it worked really well as a muffler. I'd totally recommend one. Bonus is they're compact and simple to attach. Fairly cheap too.

Ok cool thanks- Ive been interested in a quieter muffler for my compressor. I wonder if that would work on a small shop compressor?

Yep, that's what I'm referring to. Mine's a different size, but same kinda thing, same brand even.

Back