Need to cover more area when doing base coats with my Iwata HP-C Plus

J

James68901

New to this so hope doing it in the right spot. Have a Iwataaa HP C Plus. Need to cover more area at times like a primer or base coat of color. Had read some where you could put a .5 mm needle in the HP C Plus to get more coverage. Can I do this? What parts are needed if this is possible? Hate to buy another brush, if do not need to. The AB was a gift may have got something different, but new to this trying to make what I have work for now. Thank you a head of time.

You need either an full sized HVLP spray gun or a mini HVLP spray gun for spraying primer , Base and clear coat.
I also recommend having a separate spray for Primer only..

You need either an full sized HVLP spray gun or a mini HVLP spray gun for spraying primer , Base and clear coat.
I also recommend having a separate spray for Primer only..

I agree with Herb 100%. Aside from the coverage issue, primer is too high build (even reduced as a surfacer) to spray through an airbrush.

Same here....if you need to do large area's then you might better buy 2 mini HVLP guns....one for basecoats and one for clearcoating....1 HVLP gun cost about the same as a bigger nozzle/needle setup. I have bought 2 myself which the most expensive was 24,95 Euro and its a pretty good quality also. No need to buy a really expensive one for that.

I use miniguns The best investment i could do, tried with airbrushes for weeks but IT only gave Me cleaning and headache

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

For base coat you have some different options as there are many large format AB's and spray guns out there designed to run at the lower psi. As far as primer goes it is usually thick to begin with and any thing that I need to add hardener to I try to keep out of my AB. What are using for a compressor is an hvlp an option? What are you painting where you need more coverage? Application is every thing here. There is so many options on the market right now it all comes down to needs.

If you go with a full size HVLP you will need a large Compressor. I have a 2 HP. Pancake and the cfms. Drain that thing fast. A mini HVLP may be a better choice.

Back