Needle polish

Ricce

Young Tutorling
the needle tip was small scratches, they polished off the toothpaste :eek:
I have not yet tested how the needle works after this, but it´s look good.

At your own risk!

I will try this, i use toothpaste to clean scratched cd's. the AT YOUR OWN RISK is a graet idea. any mods or changes to you ab may void your warrenty.

I use a fine scotch brite pad and also car polish for the needles sometimes to make them smooth.
Have to try the tooth paste next time .

DIY airbrush needle polishing

I wrote a blog entry that may be of interest for artists who need to spray fine lines often (don't we all?). Well polished needles can most certainly improve the quality of spraying. Hope you find this useful.

I will try this, i use toothpaste to clean scratched cd's. the AT YOUR OWN RISK is a graet idea. any mods or changes to you ab may void your warrenty.

I am an audio engineer and thought I'd let you all know that toothpaste does NOT fix cd scratches. Toothpaste is grainy and terrible for cd's. The process of cleaning off the toothpaste is what 'fixed' the cd. Trust me on this, I have had this debate before. Get some super-lube for your airbrush needle. Use toothpaste for brushing your teeth

I am an audio engineer and thought I'd let you all know that toothpaste does NOT fix cd scratches. Toothpaste is grainy and terrible for cd's. The process of cleaning off the toothpaste is what 'fixed' the cd. Trust me on this, I have had this debate before. Get some super-lube for your airbrush needle. Use toothpaste for brushing your teeth

Probably good advice on the CD's. Any white toothpaste CAN be used to polish an airbrush needle, but you will ultimately get better results using a metal polish or polishing paste. The "jewelry" grade stuff is usually the finest.

Solvo autosol is a good one for buffin up em It's used on bring alley up.
But to go for the premium. Jewellers Rouge and even Talcum powder.
By the way they managed to get Hubble's Mirror repaired with a bit of Sensodine and colgate mix. lol.:acne:

Last edited:
Back