Needle wont got through tip

F

f3rd1nand

I cant get needle to go all the way through the tip i cleaned it twice and the needle is not bent. what is happening here i don't know what else to do. anything will help.

Can you see through the nozzle if you shine a light in the other end? If not, you could have some dried paint in the nozzle which could prevent the needle from seating properly. In which case you will need to remove the nozzle itself and clean it. I find that toothpicks are pretty good for cleaning the nozzle if you are careful, make sure to use some kind of cleaning solution if the paint is dried. If you don't want to remove the nozzle, an ultrasonic cleaner with some airbrush restorer might work, if you have them.

If you *can* see through the nozzle, (it's still possible some paint has dried on the side inside the nozzle) you either have dried paint in the body somewhere that is preventing the needle from moving properly or something has become misaligned, such as the nozzle not seated properly.

What you don't want to do is press the needle into the nozzle harder, it should seat without any significant pressure being put on the needle, and pushing more will only result in either a wider hole or a split nozzle.

Last edited:
If you can't see through it, even after using the light, then it needs a good soaking in either restorer or a thinner.
The tooth pick is a good suggestion, but I use those dental micro brush things for this sort of work - they're really pliable and cannot scratch anything other than paint build up.
Find they work a treat, or at least for me they do.
I'm sure you'll get all the help you need and more.

, an ultrasonic cleaner with some airbrush restorer might work, if you have them.

Please please please do not use anything other than water or the manufacturer recommended solution in an ultrasonic cleaner.
inhaling atomized / misted cleaners of any sort is not good for your lungs, - that's also why they make airbrush cleaning stations for airbrushes.
Never inhale any cleaning solution, regardless if it's restorer, windex, denatured alcohol, none are manufactured with fine atomization in mind !

Soak the nozzle in restorer or paint thinner ,also pull the needle out and make sure its clean as stated above sometimes paint will build up on it and not let it seat. another thing that will clean it is carb cleaner by soaking or spraying thru it

I cant get needle to go all the way through the tip i cleaned it twice and the needle is not bent. what is happening here i don't know what else to do. anything will help.
Are you trying to get the whole needle to go thru the nozzle or just the tip? As just the tip stick's out the end of the nozzle when seated into it. I see by your post your new on the forum,so please go to the introduction and tell us a little about yourself,like where your from,what kind of equipment do you use,what kind of artist are you?new,older? kind of paint your using ect.. as ALL these things will help us help you.

Please please please do not use anything other than water or the manufacturer recommended solution in an ultrasonic cleaner.
inhaling atomized / misted cleaners of any sort is not good for your lungs, - that's also why they make airbrush cleaning stations for airbrushes.
Never inhale any cleaning solution, regardless if it's restorer, windex, denatured alcohol, none are manufactured with fine atomization in mind !
Ultrasonic cleaners do not atomize the solution, they create cavitation inside the solution, which is a completely different process. There may be some tiny measure of atomization due to cavitation on the surface, but any risk would easily be prevented by simply closing the lid while the unit is running.

That said, Jack is right in that you should follow the instructions that came with your ultrasonic cleaner, which gives you some details about the types of cleaning solutions that can be used with your cleaner. You also shouldn't use full strength cleaning solutions with your ultrasonic cleaner, they should be diluted per manufacturer instructions.

Last edited:
Are you trying to get the whole needle to go thru the nozzle or just the tip? As just the tip stick's out the end of the nozzle when seated into it. I see by your post your new on the forum,so please go to the introduction and tell us a little about yourself,like where your from,what kind of equipment do you use,what kind of artist are you?new,older? kind of paint your using ect.. as ALL these things will help us help you.
This is how I read it too

Back