Needles??

M

mamcg

Hi there ! my question is if i have a 0.35 needles in my iwata eclipse hp-sbs can i put a 0.2 needles ? .3 work good and i want try .2 but some peep tell me this is always jammed this is true ? i use createx paint. thx for your anser guy :)

Hi there ! my question is if i have a 0.35 needles in my iwata eclipse hp-sbs can i put a 0.2 needles ? .3 work good and i want try .2 but some peep tell me this is always jammed this is true ? i use createx paint. thx for your anser guy :)

You can if the back (or shaft) of the needle is the same thickness, but you also need another nozzle, some airbrushes are 2 in 1, which means they can work with 2 different size needles but they always have 2 different size nozzles.

Hope this helps, Malky

ok thx m8 gonna try it and if that doesn't work bha its not very expensive loll thx for helping bud

This is a subject I've seen but never had the budget to try. I can tell you that I know one painter who does this but won't tell me what parts he swapped out.

There are painters all over the world that use mis-matched needles and nozzles, on purpose. It gives a different paint response curve do to the different angles between the needle and nozzle. Search ab forums, you'll find a ton of set-ups people have found through trial and error. One I have seen is: On Iwata HP-Cs The 0.3 tip is replaced with a 0.2 tip from an HP-B, leave the 0.3 needle(the 0.3 needle fits the 0.2 tip), and the original 0.3 aircap has more airflow than the 0.2 aircap so between the angle difference and the extra airflow you end up with finer spray patterns.
Again, this is all second hand info...take it for what it's worth. And it's going in the opposite direction size-wise as far as your original question goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back